Any recommendations for Dash Air repair in central Florida?

Go to solution Solved by tmw188,

Hello All!  We are located in Inverness, Fl.  Looking for someone to repair our dash air.  I don't have time to troubleshoot, but expect it is low on freon - compressor turns but does not engage.  It's a 2005 Windsor, owned for 15 years with no service to the dash AC so I assume it is all original.  

Anyone have any experience with a good A/C repair shop for RV's in the central Florida / Inverness area?

Thanks, Dennis - 2005 Windsor

37 minutes ago, dholden_us said:

Just about any auto repair shop can add freon.  It just like systems in cars and trucks.  The connection point is in the front on mine and I add freon all the time. 

Except as we all know most auto places don’t have the room or want to mess with RV’s. The OP will know where Register RV in Brooksville is at being he lives in Inverness. Haven’t heard from him however MIA. 

LazyDays RV in Wildwood FL will be able to diagnose and repair your dash AC system. Your system takes R134A Freon and can be purchased at any automotive parts house. I would suggest that you add at least two cans of Freon to the system first and if the compressor is good, starts and continues to run, your system should start to cool. Your system will hold between 44 to 52 OZ. of Freon, about four and a half Cans total. A can of Freon is 12 oz. You may have to By-pass the low pressure switch to get the compressor to run at first.

You can buy a AC Service Kit at any parts house which will include a gauge and hose that will connect to the low side of your system. You just screw a can of Freon into the adapter where the gauge is and squeeze the trigger to let the Freon into the system. The gauge will have a green band on it. Just fill the system keeping the gauge needle in the Green Band.

You should add check the Freon Pressure in the Dash AC System to your Annual Checklist. It is not uncommon for the system in our coaches to lose two to four ounces of Freon over the course of a year under normal operation in a good system.. It should be part of your Annual Maintenance check list if you have one.

If your system has been in-operable for a long time it should be serviced. Replace the receiver drier, evacuated and recharge the system.

Another suggestion is to purchase an AC thermometer and stick it into one of the AC center outlets in the dash to monitor the air coming out of the ducts. The temperature coming out of the outlets will vary but should be anywhere between 25 to 30 degrees F below Ambient. This will give you a warning that if the system starts to stay higher that it might be time for service or check for leaks.

The Dash Ac system is probably the most neglected system we have in our coaches.