AC/Heat Pumps on Same thermostat will Not Run

Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

I have been working on troubleshooting an issue with the AC units on our 2001 Signature.  We have 3 Demetic 630515.312 Penguin AC/Heat Pumps.  We have a 5 button Comfort Control Center for front unit and it is working fine.  We also have a a 5 button Comfort Control Center for center and back unit and are having issues.  Both units the fan will run, however when you go to the AC side or heat pump the fan shuts off and nothing happens.  Both units worked fine when I put coach away winter last year, however this year when we tried to use them they will not run.  I have tested the following on both units and they have all checked out ok.  I'm looking for ideas what to check next. I'm thinking its CCC related because they both act the same but I'm not sure.

1. Both blower motors run fine when on fan.
  2. PTCR check good for continuity
  3. Both capacitors check fine for there rated mircofarads
  4. Checked the compressor for open windings, continuity is fine between all terminals
  5. Check the compressor for a short to the case.  There is no continuity between the windings and the case.
  6. Check the overload protector and it is fine for continuity.

Swap the thermostats from front to rear.  Make sure you perform a system reset on both.  See if the problem follows the thermostats.  

Depending on where you live (humidity) you may just need to clean all the RJ11 terminal plugs with some good electrical cleaner like Hosa DeoxtIT.  Clean the RJ11 couplers inside up under the air filters.  

image.png.880b898dad3752ad96941bbfb7e5bff9.png

Edited by vito.a
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guys

Thank you.  The reset fixed the issue.   That was a cheap repair.  Its been an expensive year already didn't need to replace the AC units.  I know we will have to in the near future, however I have a few other items we want to do first.