Leaking air fitting

JacobA

Can anybody help identify this pass through air fitting. It’s on a Camelot (RR8S) rear Non tag. One line comes from pressure side in then one line goes to ride height control valve and the other two go to the bags, one to each. The fitting passes through a mounting plate and is held on with a nut. My hope is I can find one without removing it first so the RV isn’t down in case I have trouble finding it.

Thanks as always!

IMG_3506.jpeg

IMG_3505.jpeg

First try cleaning the air hose ends.  Release the system pressure and press the release ring to remove the tubing (one at a time).  Clean the hose end well.  If it has a large depression in the plastic, trim about 1/4" from the end.   Put some WD-40 or ATF on it and reinsert it.  After doing all the plastic tubing ends, repressurize it and see if it holds air.  

If it still leaks, then label each hose and remove the fitting and take to a heavy truck parts shop.  They should have a replacement,  

Good luck!

• Like 3

I was at Velocity truck center this morning and they are the ones that found the leak. I asked the same question and they said it was the fitting so reseating the lines wouldn’t work. They also didn’t have a replacement but I could leave it and they would see what could be found. I chose not to. They could be wrong but if I could find a replacement I would rather just replace it then if they were wrong I have an emergency spare. I did some searching online a don’t see any like it. 

If those are 1/4" lines, the fitting is called a "Male Run T". They are available at a variety of shops. The one attached is from Grainger., but I have found it much cheaper after the purchase fact from other sources like Fleet Pride. Unfortunately my local auto parts stores looked at me like I had a 3rd eyeball while trying to source locally.

Screenshot_20230720-080109_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

RBRODDER, thanks for the reply. I was missing the forest for the trees. Somehow I was thinking that it was one unit. Now that you sent that pic it appears the threaded portion would be connected to a second one with threads and that connected or tube/pipe if you will would go through the mounting bracket. Am I understanding that correctly? It makes sense otherwise it couldn’t mount the same. Velocity truck center kinda planted the seed that it was special to Monaco and I bought in.

Guest Ray Davis

It's not a bad idea to always label hoses/tubes

but in this case, I doubt it would matter since it appears the whole thing is simply a junction connecting all 4 together.

3 hours ago, JacobA said:

RBRODDER, thanks for the reply. I was missing the forest for the trees. Somehow I was thinking that it was one unit. Now that you sent that pic it appears the threaded portion would be connected to a second one with threads and that connected or tube/pipe if you will would go through the mounting bracket. Am I understanding that correctly? It makes sense otherwise it couldn’t mount the same. Velocity truck center kinda planted the seed that it was special to Monaco and I bought in.

It appears that you have some form of bulkhead fitting in the bracket that the two run t's are tied into. A brass toothbrush and light cleaning will reveal a lot...and lightly cleaning prior re-terminating (as per vito.a's info above) the lines would be recommended if you try that prior to replacing them.

Agreed, I believe there is a bulkhead fitting as well. Found a source in Asheville that appears to have everything that I need in stock. Totally agree that I might be able to clean it up, trim the lines and reinstall but I would prefer to have new ones on hand before I disassemble it. If it works great if not I have the parts or spares. Good learning experience either way.

• Like 1