Remove and repair water tank panel

Go to solution Solved by Lynn Hales,

It will have a piano hinge on the right side of the panel. On the left side it will have usually 2 screws one towards the top and bottom of the panel. You should have enough room to get a screw driver between the panels to remove the screws. Then it will swing open like your other doors. Now you can get to the screws on the piano hinge.

49 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

It will have a piano hinge on the right side of the panel. On the left side it will have usually 2 screws one towards the top and bottom of the panel. You should have enough room to get a screw driver between the panels to remove the screws. Then it will swing open like your other doors. Now you can get to the screws on the piano hinge.    

• Solution

Ken, thanks for your comments. I went out to our storage spot (105 degrees here) and it turned out that there are two brackets on the bottom that can be unscrewed and the the panel will open. Hinge is at the top. The frame was bent enough that it took some effort to get it open. At least neither of the tanks was damaged. Wish me luck in straightening the panel frame enough to get a complete seal.  We're just trying to leave for a trip to cooler climes. Thanks again.

You really don’t need a tight seal on that side. If you can’t straighten the door you might try a smaller airport in your area if they have an airplane mechanic there. Some of them are excellent sheet metal guys and cheaper than going to a rv repair shop. Good luck. 

• Like 1

I had similar damage on my 06 Dip after an “incident” with one of those pesky short bollards that you can’t see in your mirrors — maybe a little worse. 🙄 Looked and couldn’t locate a new one, so the body man removed that panel and straightened it.  Had to paint it, too… Looks great.  

• Like 1

First phase of repair is now complete. Every C clamp I own and 3 new ones and a couple of 2x4's.  Turned out the panel frame was bent inwards about 4" but it all straightened out more or less ok.  Now to get all the paint off. Thanks again for the comments. 

IMG_4497.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg