Is there a replacement for the TRC 40250 that communicates with the Alladin?

I have a 2005 monaco windsor with a TRC 40250 and Aladin.

My question:  has anyone actually installed a TRC Surge Guard Transfer Switch model 40450-RVC3 and confirmed if it does or does not communicate with the Alladin System? 

Second Question:  Is there a repair shop that will repair a TRC 40250 ?

Background: 

My TRC 40250 transfer switch is dropping (disconnecting) incoming shore power; it will connect and operate properly for some time, then just disconnect.  Start up the generator and it works fine on the generator.  I measured voltage at the incoming line on the transfer switch (removed cover and placed a cheap volt meter between one leg and neutral), it did not appear to change when the transfer switch disconnects.  

I read a few posts this morning, and will examine the pedestal power to confirm ground an neutral are working (it is on the side of my garage; a few years old so should not be bad, but will check).   I replace my power cord reel gear many years ago and cleaned the contractors then; but could be an issue now… but the shore power will be working fine and then drop the incoming shore power without rotating the power cord reel; sometimes will restart in a few moments; sometimes not.  Rotating the power reel does not appear to fix the problem once the transfer switch disconnects and does not re-engage. 

I will continue to trouble shoot, but reading the relevant posts, I found two statements regarding a replacement for the TRC 40250 in the post “Replaced 07 Sig TRC ATS - Alladin will NOT monitor voltage and current - SOLUTIONS?” 

<Richard Smith> TRC Surge Guard Transfer Switch that does talk with the Alladin System is the 40450RVC3 model.

<Tom Cherry> @Frank McElroy , as usual was a wealth of information. He was curious as to WHY you had to replace it as they are pretty bullet proof.  One of our departed members, Bill Groves, would replace the MOV (the part that opens up when it takes a hit).  They are Metal Oxide Varistors and are commonly available.  You check them and if they have an OPEN circuit, you pull off the board and replace them with new.

More work to do on my part, but want to plan for worst case repairs....

Dennis

My 40250 is the same vintage as yours and it is having the same issues although mine is disconnecting on both shore and generator power after it gets hot (about 2 hours).  I assume the relays in the contactor are aging out and no longer holding.  There seem to be no new or used replacement contactors available any longer.  From what I have been able to determine, our vintage ATS units precede the use of the RV-C protocol that is currently used, so the 40350, 40450, etc... would not communicate with the Aladdin system.  I called Southwire to ask a tech if there newer ATS systems could be made backward compatible with the Aladdin.  He asked "What is an Aladdin?"  So, no joy there.  I would like to know if I can take the parts out of the 40250 and use them to make the 40350 communicate with the Aladdin, but I have not found anyone with an answer.  So, if anyone on this "brain trust" can answer that for us, I would greatly appreciate it.

Richard 

Martin, I am connected to shore power at home.  Today I changed to a 30 amp recepticle and adapter; same thing.. however, today it does not register the voltage on the Aladin.  Did not have time to remove Transfer switch cover to measure voltage there.

Thanks Richard, that is what I was afraid of....  will keep hoping something comes through.  If it is just the contactors, I would think a newer contactor model should perform the same function, but not knowledgable enough to verify this...  mine has a label on it Cutler-Hammer C65FNF360  - but google states a C65FNF360A is $1860 ! 

I read some old IRV forms that said to remove power to the inverter to reset a trouble code that is somehow linked to the trasnfer switch and not letting it hold in the contactor...  I will try it over the weekend... 

I recently had to replace my TRC 40250 due to a severe over voltage from my generator, now fixed.  It blew out the transfer switch.  The research I did indicated nothing will communicate with the Aladdin.  So I installed a new TRC 40350 and a TRC 40299 monitor which I mounted inside the coach.  It works much like the Aladdin showing voltage and amperage, and any faults.  It wasn't difficult and other than having to look in another place it works fine.

• Thanks 1

I had to change my trc about a month ago. The contractor for the shore power would just continuously click and not hold so no power was getting threw. Pretty sure I could have just changed the connector and it would have been fine but due to the age I decided to replace it. I could not verify that the upgraded model would talk to the Aladdin so I went with the these items below. I installed the Watchdog first in line so I can't read the gen power but it works great for the shore power and fault codes since I can see them in my phone now.

I'm thinking about moving the rings that sense the power to the wires going out of the transfer switch to the coach. Anyone see a problem with that? Then I could see the power produced by the gen also. I could change the 2 and have the transfer switch first but it would have no surge protection. Thoughts? 

Screenshot_20230801_080159_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20230801_080115_Amazon Shopping.jpg