2001 Sig. 500hp ism straight pipe

Go to solution Solved by DavidL,

Hey guys I had my flex pipe under the motor between the muffler and the  downpipe fall off on my drive home this weekend. 

Seems like it's a pretty standard part but if any one has a part number that would be cool. 

Real reason for the post is Does anyone have a picture of their rig with a straight pipe.  

After hearing her roar Like that, I kind of want to put a straight pipe on It. Looking for pictures and parts they used. 2001 sig ism .

Thanks in advance 

20230807_105425.jpg

There was a post someone on this topic in the last couple of years.  I was looking at it for my 2001 Signature.  I had other things more pressing at the time, however was thinking in the future I would need to address this issue also.  It was a good post with options for mufflers and videos of the sound.   I have searched and can't find it.  I was thinking it was on here or IRV2.  Anyone remember this.

• Solution

This is the muffler I put on my ISM500 

https://www.amazon.com/Aero-Exhaust-Performance-Muffler-AT5050XL/dp/B07HZ3NVBX

I would also post an audio clip, but it sounds very much like Bliksem's...maybe a very small touch less muffled.

Where it sound neat (and the only time I hear it in the driver's seat) is going up Vail Pass thru the tunnel and floor it 🙂

It is straightforward plumbing job.  Just measure your sizes, get pipe / adapter / clamps to match, get some quality hangers, ensure you are connecting to something solid, put some rubber isolators in the strap and go for a drive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I removed my muffler (full of holes) and installed a straight exhaust I picked up at a truck repair facility. It was intended to be installed as a straight up exhaust on a semi. Goes from 5" to 7" all chrome and truly straight. Had to build a new support system for it and ran it straight out the back. Had to modify the fiberglass where it exits from under the rig. Saw the same exhaust at a chrome shop on I-40 in Texas last year. Has a beveled tip, looks and sounds awesome! It's a little dirty right now. On a trip for the past 2 months!16918522666771730531011064461440.thumb.jpg.722d5897769b3611eb25e1b732312b81.jpg16918523289728920843724901303473.thumb.jpg.af48b70ae19f9f7f72f2390af7720030.jpg

• Thanks 1