2006 Beaver PTO electric waste valve power

jlynn37064
Go to solution Solved by jlynn37064,

I’ve lost power to my drain master waste valves. I have power to the water pump, cord and hose reels. I don’t know if the waste valves are in the same source.  I checked the valves and they operate with direct battery connection. I see two sets of fuses to the switches and all 4 fuses test good. Any thoughts as to any other fuses or switches?   Sure wish I had manual valves. 

IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg

You can always figure out which wire is supposed to be wired to power and temporarily wire it to a 12 v power source.

Most all of the electric valves also have a manual method to open close the gate.

Step1 - figure out what brand the valve is

Step2 - get the manual online

Step3 - manually drain the tanks which buys you more time to properly diagnose stress free.

We have no “specific 2006 Beaver prints” in our files.  Start going through your for the fuse designations.  Take a picture of which one has the valves, probably on a wet bay print and post…we’ll try to help.  Get manufacturer & PN off the waste valve and google it.  Should tell you how to manually work it.  Odds are there is a mini self resetting circuit breaker, but without prints, purely a guess,…

Google can be a good tool.  Beaver Motor Home Waste Valve Doesn’t Work…..used that as search …

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php?topic=4202.0

there were several others…google and read.  The first one was informative and there were others….let us know what you learn

Sorry let me add to my post. I have Drainmaster valves. I was having trouble getting the gray tank valve to seal. I ordered new seals from drainmaster.  I removed the valves and replaced the seals but somehow I have lost power. I bypassed the wiring harness and was able to operate the valves with a battery. So I know the valve motor is working. The switches should have red lights on showing open valve but the lights aren’t on.  On the valve side there are two sets of wires connections, red and black. They are marked as power to the valves but I tested them and they had no voltage. 

Get your trusty DVOM meter out then start checking and tracing wires to locate where you have power and where you don't.

You will eventually find the cause.

Drainmaster valves are add-on devices so a wiring diagram won't help.

Edited by Dr4Film

On 8/21/2023 at 8:37 PM, Dr4Film said:

Get your trusty DVOM meter out then start checking and tracing wires to locate where you have power and where you don't.

You will eventually find the cause.

Drainmaster valves are add-on devices so a wiring diagram won't help.

Drainmaster were OEM on Beaver coaches. 

• Like 1

• Solution

I found the blown fuse.  My valves have two inline fuses per valve inside the panel in the wet bay. None of these were blown. The blown fuse was in the rear closet and labeled from the factory as Ozone.  Whoever replaced these valves must have tapped into this circuit. They could have saved me a lot of time had the labeled the fuse panel.  My new valve seals seem to be working fine. The valves are operating well.   Thanks for the help.