Heart Interface Monitor

mrbill1951

I had the coach in for some repairs on the cabin a/c and investigating why the generator would not start.  They fixed the a/c was and determined that the generator needed a propane regulator replacement.

When I got the coach back, the monitor seems to be a little confused, as shown in the attached picture.

Any thoughts what may be causing this?  It is currently plugged into 120v.

20230809_153322.jpg

Edited by mrbill1951

8 hours ago, mrbill1951 said:

I had the coach in for some repairs on the cabin a/c and investigating why the generator would not start.  They fixed the a/c was and determined that the generator needed a propane regulator replacement.

When I got the coach back, the monitor seems to be a little confused, as shown in the attached picture.

Any thoughts what may be causing this?  It is currently plugged into 120v.

20230809_153322.jpg

I would suggest, per the manual and page 26, that you start from scratch.  If the inverter is also in a "Funk", that might not clear it.  Remove all the AC power.  Turn off the DC battery switches.  NOW, if that does not NOT cut off the Inverter, then you should disconnect the Negative to the House bank and then leave it off.

You want to KILL the power for at least an hour.  If the electronic gremlins are inside the inverter or the interface...they have to "dissipate" as in drain their tiny flea kick (an old EE prof coined that phrase) energy.  So, sitting with NO POWER is the only way.  Then follow the installation steps in the manual.

That should clear it up.  This is probably true for others and Magnum has a write up on how to do a Hard RESET...and it is essentially the same...

https://www.nwtfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Freedom_combie_Owner_manual.pdf

Good Luck.  Post the results so we and others learn as well

@Frank McElroy

I checked and this manual, to the best of my search, is not in the files.  I think it should be.  Your call.

10 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

I would suggest, per the manual and page 26, that you start from scratch.  If the inverter is also in a "Funk", that might not clear it.  Remove all the AC power.  Turn off the DC battery switches.  NOW, if that does not NOT cut off the Inverter, then you should disconnect the Negative to the House bank and then leave it off.

You want to KILL the power for at least an hour.  If the electronic gremlins are inside the inverter or the interface...they have to "dissipate" as in drain their tiny flea kick (an old EE prof coined that phrase) energy.  So, sitting with NO POWER is the only way.  Then follow the installation steps in the manual.

That should clear it up.  This is probably true for others and Magnum has a write up on how to do a Hard RESET...and it is essentially the same...

https://www.nwtfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Freedom_combie_Owner_manual.pdf

Good Luck.  Post the results so we and others learn as well

@Frank McElroy

I checked and this manual, to the best of my search, is not in the files.  I think it should be.  Your call.

The file was uploaded to our files about 3 years ago.  I added the word Heart to the title to make it easier to find in a search (if searched under the word Freedom you should have found it).  The file is in the section Electrical Systems / Inverter

Thanks all.  I decided to go the easy route that Bob suggested.  I unplugged the communication wire from the monitor and that did it.

If it comes up again I'll try Tom's suggestion.

And thanks Frank for the link to the manuals.  My manual only goes to page 9.  :-)