Has anyone removed this trim

Perhaps a description of the location or a second or third photo with more definitive shots of the surrounding area might help....

Good Luck...lots of folks know things that many supposed experts don't on doing trim repairs and such...

Those buttons just pop off (there’s a tool for this) but you can also carefully prize them of without damaging them. 

Just now, Rick A said:

Those buttons just pop off (there’s a tool for this) but you can also carefully prize them of without damaging them. 

Use a blunt knife or a pry tool. Underneath you will find screws. 

Trim around the front door?

IMG_8640.jpeg

Yes, I took the screws out that are underneath the caps. But the trim is still held on firmly

This is the trim attached to th pillar between the door (on the right in the picture) and the window. I am guessing it hides whatever the front cap attaches to.

1 hour ago, Tony G. said:

Yes, I took the screws out that are underneath the caps. But the trim is still held on firmly

This is the trim attached to th pillar between the door (on the right in the picture) and the window. I am guessing it hides whatever the front cap attaches to.

did you already take the trim around the door off?  With the screw buttons showing in the last picture?  Then the hard plastic cover will be fully visible.  There may be more screws in the hard plastic, under the door trim.  

27 minutes ago, Tony G. said:

Yes I pulled the door trim back but there are no exposed screws holding the trim down

gently pry it off.  There may be double sided tape, silicone, or who know what.  I start at the top, with the smaller trim piece that butts to the ceiling.  Once you pry the long piece away from the wall, you need to work it up as it's usually between the dash, wall and windshield gasket pretty tight..  Slow and steady.  it is somewhat flexible, but I wouldn't bend it too much.  When you put it back together, there is no reason to use anything but the screws--at least I never did.

Edited by windsorbill06

• 1 month later...

I'm no doubt doing this wrong but figured I'd tag onto this topic as my issue is sim.

Wife was putting slide out and 'forgot' !  Result is the end trim is now partway off. 

Hope the pic tells the tale.  I suspect the screws are under the fabric. I'd prefer not to take the whole thing off..... how does one remove the fabric?

trim on slide out.jpg