Upgrading to AGM Batteries

hadarrowjr

Issue

I currently own a 2017 Monaco Diplomat 43D. I wanted to update my flooded batteries to lithium batteries. My Firefly system only allows for Flooded, AGM or AGM-2. I contacted Firefly to see if an update in the software was possible. I was also interested in updating to a larger screen and moving my current controller to the front in the driver’s area. I don’t believe the cost and lead time for this update.

Request                                                                                Price                                            Lead time:

1. Adding Lithium Batteries to your current programming-           $1,175.00                                    24-32 weeks- Must be paid in advance- No cancellation-No refund

2. Changing the current screen to a new colored screen          $2,900.00                                    24-32 weeks- Must be paid in advance- No cancellation-No refund

3.  Adding an additional screen at the front of the coach.          $2,900.00                                    24-32 weeks- Must be paid in advance- No cancellation-No refund.

What brand and model inverter do you have? 

If you have a Magnum inverter, call Magnum Tech support.  From memory, the Magnum inverter AGM 2 charge profile can work with lithium batteries with some adjustments.  

800-553-6418

You can also check with your lithium battery manufacturer.  Battleborn has great tech support.  

• Like 1

Unless you dry camp often, the AGM2 setting is excellent for Lithium that should be stored at 50-70% SOC. The AGM2 setting won’t start charging until the Lithium gets down to 30% and back up to 99%.

Ypu can buy a new Magnum display with Lithium settings for less than $200. If you only dry camp occasional, you can charge Lithiums by forcing a rejuvenation  cycle in the LA setting. The BMS in the Lithium will stop the charging when they are 100% SOC.

IMG_7461.png