Shine onšŸ˜Ž

Rikadoo

So since the day i bought my rig it was obvious that the paint had issues, in that the Gold always looked good an responded well to wax. However the white part was always dull an no amount of elbow grease could change it. I had even tried going to the ā€œchemical guysā€ which there recomendation was to ā€œclay barā€ it then wax itā€¦ four clay bars, a quart of there spray for the clay bar netted me a spot 3ft by 3ftā€¦ yeah NOT!

So where i work there is a detailer that does RVs, he assured me he could ā€œgetter doneā€ $18.00 per ft, so i said ok. He had it 10 hrs, he actually burned up one of his buffers an had to go by another, when i picked it up it looked the same. To his credit he said only pay me 1/2 an i will come back an do it again an this time try something different!Ā 
He came to my house, brought two of his friends, an this time he used a marine style polish. What a major difference, the white now shines like the gold part. Im sure he lost his butt on this job as they were on it this time just about 8hours. He thanked me for giving him a second chance to make it right an said he learned Alot about my style of finish.

Now all i have to do is to find a way to get the decals taken care of, as some of the darker colors are faded almost white.

7 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

So since the day i bought my rig it was obvious that the paint had issues, in that the Gold always looked good an responded well to wax. However the white part was always dull an no amount of elbow grease could change it. I had even tried going to the ā€œchemical guysā€ which there recomendation was to ā€œclay barā€ it then wax itā€¦ four clay bars, a quart of there spray for the clay bar netted me a spot 3ft by 3ftā€¦ yeah NOT!

So where i work there is a detailer that does RVs, he assured me he could ā€œgetter doneā€ $18.00 per ft, so i said ok. He had it 10 hrs, he actually burned up one of his buffers an had to go by another, when i picked it up it looked the same. To his credit he said only pay me 1/2 an i will come back an do it again an this time try something different!Ā 
He came to my house, brought two of his friends, an this time he used a marine style polish. What a major difference, the white now shines like the gold part. Im sure he lost his butt on this job as they were on it this time just about 8hours. He thanked me for giving him a second chance to make it right an said he learned Alot about my style of finish.

Now all i have to do is to find a way to get the decals taken care of, as some of the darker colors are faded almost white.

The white on my coach is gelcoat so just like a boat. It responds well to marine products. I have some old poly glow product on mine that I need to figure out how to get off, itā€™s Look like crap.Ā 
Ā 

Wifeā€™s uncle had the paint store custom mix a Vinyl paint into cans, then he taped off the stripes and painted over. They look amazing !Ā 

1 minute ago, bobdinsmore said:

What was the "marine sytle polish" they used? I'm having the same problem with my white. Oxidation.

MeguiresĀ 

I don't know if anyone has ever tried Poliglow to restore the finish on boats & RV's, but it's a fantastic process (Poliglow.com).Ā  I used this process to restore the finish on my sailboat and the results were amazing!Ā  Poliglow is a multi-step process that took me about 3 days to complete the very first time, but the work was fairly easy.Ā  The web site explains the process starting with cleaning all of the oxidation, etc., off the boat, when completed the finish looks dull, they have a separate product for "stubborn" stains if needed.Ā  After this you apply the Poliglow finish using the applicator they supply, this is very easy to apply as it's a liquid, and it dries within a minute or two.Ā  You do one area from top to bottom, then move over about 3' and do the next area, after you've been all the way around and you inspect your job you will see a little difference where the sections were done.Ā  Go all the way around again with a second coat and you will be amazed.Ā  All season long walking down the dock it was unbelievable, the reflection of little waves in the mirror finish was something to be proud of!Ā  The best part now is the annual refresher, in the spring just wash any dirt off and then apply one easy coat in a few hours, now be ready for the compliments from everyone else!Ā  I have no connection to the Poliglow company, but the process and result are amazing!Ā  I just ordered my products to restore the finish on my 2005 coach!

Ā