Rear air suspension leak

CraigMac

I'm new to the RV world and love it so far. Learning a lot as I go. I've only had my 2006 Diplomat since June of 2023. I recently changed the desiccant air filter because I don't think it had ever been changed before. After completing the change I turned on the coach and aired the system back up. Once the system was up to 130lbs I went for a test drive. The air brake knob in the cab had a lot more pressure behind it when pushing it up or down. The brake pedal was stiffer and smoother when applying the brakes. The coach sat for a couple of days and stayed level. I went on a 600 mile trip 3 days after the change and everything worked as it should except now the rear air suspension will lose all its air over night. Not sure if it's related to changing the filter or I have an air leak somewhere in the rear air suspension thats unrelated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

If it's leaking down that fast you should hear a slight hiss.  Raise your jacks, support the undercarriage with substantial jacks rated for the weight and crawl around on a creeper with soapy water.  You'll probably find one or more air valves / connections with a leak. 

A little research here on Monacoers will reveal much more. 

- bob

X2, soapy water goes a long way.

When I had to work on air leaks on my rig I made a set of 6 ramps so I could drive the rig up on them and safely crawl underneath without worrying about jacks or air bags dropping.  I cut 2X10 boards 42, 36, 30, and 24".  Stacked them and screwed them together.  On 4 of them I put blocks at the back so I wouldn't back off the ramps.  Worked great.