Suburban furnace lights up but no blower

rccook

97 Windsor furnace will not start blower. Has 4 button control and runs heat strips in both AC . When switched to furnace mode the fan symbol is missing on board. Propane works fine on stove and fridge. Unit is below fridge. Should I remove unit and take to dealer?

Not at same time. T-stat will run heat strips is what I meant. Have pulled furnace and checked sail, high temp switches. Got it to run blower but when I moved unit the case sparked against gas line. Propane shut off and plugged. Got a short somewhere. Taking to repair shop.

I suspect that you have an earlier version of the thermostats that most of us have.  We have a 5 or now 10 system.  These are multiplexed and the only thing that the thermostat does is “tell the furnace” to start.  No interconnecting wiring, other than an on/off switch.

I don’t know exactly how the 4 button worked…fully understand the 5…..and can assist and troubleshoot…...but we have had issues with the 4 button….

Here is a topic that you might want to read to get some info, if it IS the Thermostat….or if you have issues with the Thermostat in the future….not many options….

I added a separate thermostat to mine so I can run the furnace at same time as the heat strips.  Really helps, run the heat strips with fan on low and it circulates the air keeping coach nicely warmed.

Its easy to do and I love it set up that way should have been that way from the factory IMO.