Allison Trans level questions on 07 Sig

grizzly

4 minutes ago, vito.a said:

No.  Not an immediate concern.  Was it warmed up and on level ground?

Total capacity of the system is 48 quarts.  

Yep, definitely needs to be driven.  Check your manual.  The later oil level software indicated quarts not pints.  Really need to drive it 40 miles or so.  It should be close to what the engine temp is, otherwise not hot enough.

Allison warns against “taking multiple quarts at face value. So, 3 quarts.  Put in ONE.  DRIVE IT….got to get the mixture “working”.  Then use the software and see what it says.  Don’t put in multiple quarts.

Mine was low due to the shop letting it drain too long.  Said 3….added barely 2.  Later on, maybe 15K, it started to downshift abruptly when I engaged the exhaust brake.  Level was OK per the keypad.  I then started adding maybe half a quart….at a time.  Then after 1.5 quarts, it shifted normally.  Keypad still read “OL OK”.

Just be patient and test and then add gradually.  

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Allison Trans level questions on 07 Sig
5 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Mine was low due to the shop letting it drain too long.  

Just performed this procedure!

It's going to drain a long time! Especially if you have gasket to scrape off the filter bases. Don't need to be on your back scraping, with ATF still dripping on you!

May as well leave the drain plug out the entire time!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vito.a said:

No.  Not an immediate concern.  Was it warmed up and on level ground?

Total capacity of the system is 48 quarts.  

Drove it for 1/2 hour, wasn't perfectly level. I think my cap is 32 quarts, 36 with service and filter according to manual. Thanks

1 hour ago, grizzly said:

Checked oil in trans yesterday and it said it was 3 pts low. Is that an immediate concern? Temp is staying around 170 according bro gauges 

After changing mine, I got 3qt low at 180F. Granted, I was parked on a slight upslope, and probably should have leveled.

Got home, temp now 195F, level street, oil level-ok.

1 hour ago, grizzly said:

Drove it for 1/2 hour, wasn't perfectly level. I think my cap is 32 quarts, 36 with service and filter according to manual. Thanks

No doubt….I have the 3000, not one of it’s older brothers, like yours.  Drive, Level, test….add gradually….use the real Allison or only Delvac…..

On 10/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, vito.a said:

Yes, it has several quarts in the cooler, lines, and PTO.  Make sure you use TES 295 or the newer TES 668 fluid.  

By the way, I think you have the best year Signature available. 

Thanks. We love it