Entry door key pad

13 hours ago, Russell said:

What are the features of the "upgrade?" Did they make it sun-resistant or is it shaded in some way? 

Technically I really don't know but a call to Essex would get you the most direct answer. I am guessing that they made the keypad more resistant to the Sun and UV.

The older touch pad KE-1601 that is on my previous Windsor is not shaded or recessed like the newer model KE-1701BH.

The two models are the same internally. Choose whichever one looks nicer to you.
If you like the one that’s bigger and recessed, go for it. You’ll need to cut the hole bigger. No big deal. 
If you want it flat and looking almost identical to original, then get that one. You’ll need to trim the back of it so it can sit flush on the original aluminum bezel. No big deal. 
Vito reported that they have a P/N variant that has a plug pre installed that was plug-n-play for his rig. My rig had a different plug and would not have been plug n play. Otherwise they both come with a bunch of wires to splice. As I recall, the new wires are the same color as the old ones so it’s pretty easy. 
There are at least two good write ups on IRV describing the keypad and also the separate wireless module
Cheers

Walter

Edited by wamcneil

On 11/3/2022 at 3:55 PM, Dr4Film said:

Greg,

It was the Essex Company located in Carpinteria, CA. I called them directly first then they gave me the company in southern CA to order the new keypad.

Thanks for the clarification. I ended up buying a series 1700 keypad from A-1. Hopefully I won't have anything else to report about this!