LPG gauge broke

beemerman
Go to solution Solved by beemerman,

2003 Dynasty with 38 gal LPG tank.  While on our last trip I noticed that my tank monitor said my LPG was empty.  I was pretty sure that couldn't be accurate so I checked the gauge on the tank and found the needle laying in the bottom of the gauge.  I was hoping that someone could tell me what it takes to replace the gauge on the tank.  I'm hoping that it is external to the tank but don't know anything about how the gauge is installed.  Any advice would be appreciated.  TIA

First

Check your Build Sheet.  The Tank model, SN and Manufacturer should be called out.  If not, ODDS ARE..it is a Manchester Tank.  They used TWO types of gauges.  One was a "screw on" with two tabs top and bottom.  The other was a "snap on" with some "CLIPS"

Manchester does NOT, I think, sell the replacement for the gauge or that is what I have read.

https://www.amazon.com/Manchester-Tank-G12846-LP-Gas/dp/B003D3WPGS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1SSDFMKHR5W0M&keywords=manchester+propane+tank+gauge&qid=1698086612&sprefix=manchester+prop%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

The above will take you to Amazon.  These are the replacement "magnetic, variable resistance" gauges that are commonly used.  You MIGHT need to get creative to make it work.  Mine cracked in the first year and Manchester sent me a new one....and it popped on and has been working fine.  SO, if yours is the tab....maybe you can use a dot of Gorilla Glue and attach the new sending unit.  You WILL have to cut the wires and splice in the new gauge.  The polairity is NOT an issue....just choose a wire and hook it up and then the other one.

A picture would help....but these are the most common.

Let us know...

• Solution

Update on my search for the gauge.

Using Tom's Amazon link I was able to find the correct screw on gauge P/N - G-12845.  After more investigation I was able to purchase one on E-bay for $54.00 with free shipping.  Once again thanks for the help, this group is great!

https://www.amazon.com/Manchester-5628S02537-Screw-Propane-Sender/dp/B00EP1R2AG/ref=sr_1_32?crid=288LAN6NSSDV2&keywords=manchester+propane+tank&qid=1698157621&sprefix=manchester+propane+tank+gauge%2Caps%2C323&sr=8-32&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

22 minutes ago, beemerman said:

Update on my search for the gauge.

Using Tom's Amazon link I was able to find the correct screw on gauge P/N - G-12845.  After more investigation I was able to purchase one on E-bay for $54.00 with free shipping.  Once again thanks for the help, this group is great!

https://www.amazon.com/Manchester-5628S02537-Screw-Propane-Sender/dp/B00EP1R2AG/ref=sr_1_32?crid=288LAN6NSSDV2&keywords=manchester+propane+tank&qid=1698157621&sprefix=manchester+propane+tank+gauge%2Caps%2C323&sr=8-32&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

GREAT....Enjoy and simple install.

• 4 months later...