2009 Dynasty Aquahot - no coach heat. Has Intellitec blower switches that are also confusing

DBRV.0

3 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Got it!

That's terrible! Average person would have no idea that was a AH heat exchanger!

Actually the clue is in the Intellitec schematic.  It clearly shows fan speeds on the wires.

Screenshot_20231101-202117.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

Actually the clue is in the Intellitec schematic.  It clearly shows fan speeds on the wires.

Screenshot_20231101-202117.png

As Yoda might say…. An Intellitec Controlled Aquahot system do Ben or Tom not have.  Makes as much sense, as Ben posted, as to what the “BLOB” in the upper right.  So, I guessed wrong….  

I DARE NOT ASK….but do, after helping many with the simple systems (such hath Tom and Ben), as well as some with the upper ends….DO OFFER A WORD OF CAUTION.  @Frank McElroy might need to chime in.  

We have had folks purchase used or new pumps and also OEM or “aftermarket” motors for the heat exchangers.  One went through 3….and each one blew up his main board.  Finally, he found the OEM one….and it worked.  However it was a trying time.  He also was working with an smaller repair shop that could rebuild the AH Main PCB.  They all “blew” in the same spot….an OVERLOAD.  No fuse blew….just the trace or lead of the PCB “melted”

His vendor then made up an isolation harness….actually 2.  I never got a schematic…but it looked and he described it like on Zone 5, main living, the vendor put in a relay to actually use the Blue or thermostat wires to close a relay.  That relay, closed the thermostat terminals on the board.  Likewise, the fan circuit closed a relay….and then the relay actually powered the heat exchanger fan.  i never heard a price….and it sort of boggled many folks minds.

Our BEST logic….the motor he had….drew too much current….but, after 2 or 3 failures, the vendor gave him a non standard fix….so, was it the motor or what.

Bottom line….I’d make sure that I always replaced the motor with the equivalent.

Maybe Ben’s and mine do NOT have speed windings since they are simple….or Monaco used the high speed windings only…OR there may be TWO different types….constant and variable….as in having different speed windings.

JUST KEEP THIS IN MIND…

2 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

The galley heat exchanger is in the upper right with high, med and low speed wires going to the Intellitec output module.  Yes, it isn't labeled.

Yes, 5 heat exchangers plus the galley heat exchanger is what I have.

I'm guessing that galley heat exchanger is buried under the kitchen cabinets feeding 3 separate diffusers?