2009 Dynasty Aquahot - no coach heat. Has Intellitec blower switches that are also confusing

DBRV.0

II'm feeling a bit lost at this moment.  The cold front just blew in last night, so we went from day weather up to 90 to an interior RV day temp of 56.  This is the first time we have needed heat.  I have proven that the 3 AC units do not respond to "heat pump" with the thermostat, thus I need the Aqua-hot for heat.  I don't know how to instruct the system to operate.  I found two multiplex buttons in the coach that read "Aq fan" or "Aq-hot blower".  Either of those even light up when pressed.

Additional information that may or may not be relevant: The toe-kick switch for the vacuum does nothing.  When I purchased this, I recall that it would run the central vac motor.  Second, I do not see a 12V circuit breaker (fuse?) panel to determine if these systems are disabled in that way.

Can you help give me some direction?  I'm a very experienced DIYer, so would be able to provide diagnostic info if necessary.

There may be several things going on here.  First, you have three roof heat pumps but you cannot mix Heat Pump and Furnace heat.  You can use only one, or two heat pumps as long as you do not select Furnace for the third. 

Also remember it takes five minutes after selecting Heat Pump, set Fan to Auto, then set the temperature and it will take 5 min for it to respond.   

Up front you have three switches for Aqua Hot: Aqua-Hot Diesel, Aqua-Hot 110V, and Aqua-Hot Hi.  Diesel selects the diesel burner and the other two select 120 volt heating elements ( your system  has two 120V elements). 

For continued heat throughout the coach and unlimited hot water, use diesel.  It will come on and you can hear the burner.  It sounds like a small jet engine and will run for about 20 min to heat the Aqua Hot boiler tank.  Then you can select Furnace on your three thermostat zones, then set the temperature and the zone heat exchangers will respond as needed.  

If you just need some hot water for dishes or one quick shower, then the 120 V Aqua Hot source is fine but give it two hours to heat the tank.  You can use both diesel and 120V sources simultaneously.    

Next, you have an Aqua Hot fan switch for the bath area.  This is an additional heat exchanger just for that area.  For it to function, you must have the thermostat zone set to Furnace with the temperature set and that zone calling for heat.  Then the bath area fan will come on.  

I hope this is clear.  You may try downloading your owners manual and reading through the Aqua Hot heating (page 110) and A/C section (page 109).  

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

Edited by vito.a

Vito -

Thanks and thanks!

Thank you for the specifics and configuration information.  The wall thermostat is still the OEM Duo Therm, and apparently it was on zone 2 when I tried finding heat last night.  Zone 2 has no 'Furnace' option, which is the kitchen area.  Therefore I figured that the furnace was controlled some other way.  After your instructions, I found that the other 3 zones do have Furnace, and they all work.

So now the latest issue is zone 2, which does not show a Furnace option.  It skips right past it.  Anyone know why that might be?  All other zones have Furnace.

My second thanks is for the link.  I have two boxes of documents, primarily the OEM books and pamphlets, but I was missing the Operators Manual.

- Jeff

You need to look at your manual and figure out where each zone is, and what modes are available.  My 2012 Diplomat has 4 zones and 3 AC units.  Zones 1,2 and 3 work on cool, heat pump and Aquahot. Zone 4 is aquahot only - it controls the wet bay heater.  It took me a while to figure this out since I found 4 temp sensors inside the coach.  The zone 4 sensor is in the rear bath , but I have not idea what its function is other than to provide a reading at the thermostat.  Like I said, zone 4 heat is controlled by the rheostat in the wet bay.

As far as your central vacuum, it has nothing to do with your Aquahot problem.  The contacts might need cleaning on the toe kick, or it could be the vacuum itself.  I know when I first got my coach, the vacuum didn’t work.  I took it apart and figured out a relay was bad.   I hit it a few times with a screwdriver handle and it’s worked fine for 6 years now.  

19 hours ago, vito.a said:

There may be several things going on here.  First, you have three roof heat pumps but you cannot mix Heat Pump and Furnace heat.  You can use only one, or two heat pumps as long as you do not select Furnace for the third. 

Also remember it takes five minutes after selecting Heat Pump, set Fan to Auto, then set the temperature and it will take 5 min for it to respond.   

Up front you have three switches for Aqua Hot: Aqua-Hot Diesel, Aqua-Hot 110V, and Aqua-Hot Hi.  Diesel selects the diesel burner and the other two select 120 volt heating elements ( your system  has two 120V elements). 

For continued heat throughout the coach and unlimited hot water, use diesel.  It will come on and you can hear the burner.  It sounds like a small jet engine and will run for about 20 min to heat the Aqua Hot boiler tank.  Then you can select Furnace on your three thermostat zones, then set the temperature and the zone heat exchangers will respond as needed.  

If you just need some hot water for dishes or one quick shower, then the 120 V Aqua Hot source is fine but give it two hours to heat the tank.  You can use both diesel and 120V sources simultaneously.    

Next, you have an Aqua Hot fan switch for the bath area.  This is an additional heat exchanger just for that area.  For it to function, you must have the thermostat zone set to Furnace with the temperature set and that zone calling for heat.  Then the bath area fan will come on.  

I hope this is clear.  You may try downloading your owners manual and reading through the Aqua Hot heating (page 110) and A/C section (page 109).  

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

Yes…. Thanks for another Dynasty owner chiming in.  There were some, I think, subtle “AH System” changes made in the subsequent years, but the 2009 Dynasty Owners manual, which I have used to help several, is accurate and infromative.

Several folks, not Dynasty owners have chimed in.  FWIW, Camelot’s, even WITH, the Intellitec MPX system are a lower grade and different breed of cats.  The zones in the Dynasty, starting, I KNOW, from 2008, are different….for example….a Dynasty has to have the Bedroom Furnace ON for the AH to turn ON the freeze protection for the wet bay.  The Camelots are different.  Thus, never assume until you pull prints ans read the manual of the person with s “seemingly” minor issue works the same as yours.

Read the heat and AC secrion in the Osners manual….and then, look at the prints.  There is a simple layiut of the zones and blowers and that includes the thermostat(s) as well as show how many registers or blowers are included.

2 hours ago, dandick66 said:

You need to look at your manual and figure out where each zone is, and what modes are available.  My 2012 Diplomat has 4 zones and 3 AC units.  Zones 1,2 and 3 work on cool, heat pump and Aquahot. Zone 4 is aquahot only - it controls the wet bay heater.  It took me a while to figure this out since I found 4 temp sensors inside the coach.  The zone 4 sensor is in the rear bath , but I have not idea what its function is other than to provide a reading at the thermostat.  Like I said, zone 4 heat is controlled by the rheostat in the wet bay.

As far as your central vacuum, it has nothing to do with your Aquahot problem.  The contacts might need cleaning on the toe kick, or it could be the vacuum itself.  I know when I first got my coach, the vacuum didn’t work.  I took it apart and figured out a relay was bad.   I hit it a few times with a screwdriver handle and it’s worked fine for 6 years now.  

I have 4 zones in the living area, with #4 being the rear bath.  #4 sensor is in the bath, and there is a heat vent that shoots out of the bottom of the closet (which is oriented across the whole coach rear).  The wall thermostat manages this area correctly.  My basement wet bay has it's own radiator and sensor.  The sensor is lying on top of the black tank.

Thanks for the vacuum tip.  I'll try your path, now that I know it is unlikely to be a switch somewhere else.

34 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

My coach has no furnace mode on zone 2 either!

The two heat exchangers in the kitchen are in the same loop as the front of the coach, and controlled with zone 1.

Now that's interesting.  I found a button above the sink that reads "Aqhot Lo M H".  Pressing it allows what appears to be 3 options before it cycles off (4th press), but nothing happens.  Perhaps this is supposed to blow air in conjunction with Zone 1 activity (on/off)?

20 hours ago, JeffCh said:

II'm feeling a bit lost at this moment.  The cold front just blew in last night, so we went from day weather up to 90 to an interior RV day temp of 56.  This is the first time we have needed heat.  I have proven that the 3 AC units do not respond to "heat pump" with the thermostat, thus I need the Aqua-hot for heat.  I don't know how to instruct the system to operate.  I found two multiplex buttons in the coach that read "Aq fan" or "Aq-hot blower".  Either of those even light up when pressed.

Additional information that may or may not be relevant: The toe-kick switch for the vacuum does nothing.  When I purchased this, I recall that it would run the central vac motor.  Second, I do not see a 12V circuit breaker (fuse?) panel to determine if these systems are disabled in that way.

Can you help give me some direction?  I'm a very experienced DIYer, so would be able to provide diagnostic info if necessary.

@JeffCh,

Being new and not making many new topics, I started to edit out the second question about the Toe Kick.  The rules are ONE TOPIC or issue per post as the comments get confusing. I thought this was in the guidelines….but haven’t checked lately.  Just remember this in the future…and also learn to use the search box.  BTW, I started out as raw newbie but had a few years of Gas Winnie experiece.  And also am a quasi educated (2 yrs in EE before changing engineering majors ) and a lot of auto DIY experience.  These rascals be complicated and I have to pull prints and read as there is rarely any system that operates the same,

We also have e “saying”.  Monaco never built any two Motor Homes alike,,.even one following the other.  So be aware when you get comments they may be generic….or for another model and yours may, often is, totally different.  We, the staff and moderatos, are dealing with this as our membership has exploded and we often have to “make corrections”

But, this will answer your question.  There is, at least on my Camelot and also from going over prints for other models, NO 12 VDC on the central vac.  There is a micro switch on one outlet…where you attach the hose.  It is a 120 circuit or is controlled by the motor.  There is NO additional incoming 12 VDC.  There is probably a 120 VAC breaker marked VACUUM.  It doe NOT work off the inverter.  Shore or Genny.

The Toe Kick is often a source of gremlins and frustration.  Mine comes on in the middle of the night….and DW screams…WHATS THAT?  It also doesn’t work all the time.  The FIX…replace the assembly.  OR, what is working for me. I can get to mine as there is a removable panel above it. I located the switch or where it should be.  I think it is a MECHANICAL issue, as in the plastic kicker has dirt in it.  Not electrical as in contacts.  I sprayed it bodaciously with WD 40.  That lubricated the plastic rocker nd the surfaces it contacts.  That has cured mine….going on 4 years.  Try that

46 minutes ago, JeffCh said:

I have 4 zones in the living area, with #4 being the rear bath.  #4 sensor is in the bath, and there is a heat vent that shoots out of the bottom of the closet (which is oriented across the whole coach rear).  The wall thermostat manages this area correctly.  My basement wet bay has it's own radiator and sensor.  The sensor is lying on top of the black tank.

Thanks for the vacuum tip.  I'll try your path, now that I know it is unlikely to be a switch somewhere else.

Now that's interesting.  I found a button above the sink that reads "Aqhot Lo M H".  Pressing it allows what appears to be 3 options before it cycles off (4th press), but nothing happens.  Perhaps this is supposed to blow air in conjunction with Zone 1 activity (on/off)?

These may be combined . You MUST, as you find and experiment, read the manual.  When Monaco decided to “improve” and let the Intellitec MPX GET IN THE GAME…to me logic left.  I have helped folks. But forget the crazy idiosyncrasies in the Dynastys AH now. It changed from year to year….valid  instructions for   different MH & years might be wrong.  Just a word of caution, suggestion and “fact”.

You are learning…your manual is the best teacher 

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Dynasty Aquahot - no coach heat. Has Intellitec blower switches that are also confusing
8 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

@JeffCh,

The rules are ONE TOPIC or issue per post as the comments get confusing.

Got it.  Normal culture rules.  I only mentioned the vacuum in case someone said they were related.  However, I appreciate your details on the vacuum, and will heed your comments regarding how unique my coach may be.

First thing to check is the Low-Voltage light on the panel in your aqua hot bay.  On our  coach, it will trip when you disconnect the batteries, and you need to reset by inserting and pressing a small button on the board behind the panel.  I keep a large paper clip in the compartment for this. 

1 hour ago, JeffCh said:

Yes, the button above the sink is coordinated with Zone 1 Furnace setting on my 09.  

I have another switch in the 1/2 bath,  however I have not been able to determine which zone this is connected to.  We use the heat so infrequently, I turn it on when using the heat and the fan runs occasionally. 

5 hours ago, DBRV.0 said:

Got it.  Normal culture rules.  I only mentioned the vacuum in case someone said they were related.  However, I appreciate your details on the vacuum, and will heed your comments regarding how unique my coach may be.

Followup.  I mentioned this to a staff member that has a 2008.  He reminded me, which I did know as he had "explained it to me", that your system is really FUNKY.  And HIS manual did NOT have the info about a HIDDEN Zone 4 controller.

MOST of the lower ends do NOT have but 2 (40's) and 3 (42 -45...when they made them) HVAC or "ZONES" on the Thermostat.  BUT, in 2008 or maybe 2007, Monaco decided to really challenge owners.  There is a ZONE 4.  You may or may not know this and it is part of Monaco HVAC 101 that we usually post.

There is a Penguin or Dometic Control Module in every Roof Top unit.  It has DIP switches that are basically... WHO AM I  and DO I HAVE FURNACE WIRES inside me.

So, on the Front, the controller does NOT have a ZONE dip turned on.  Default....no zones ON...it is Zone 1.  There are only three ZONE dip switches.... Zones 2, 3 and 4.  SO, the middle is Zone 2.  The rear is Zone 3. NOW....this assumes....DANGER...that there is only ONE thermostat.  If the rear has on...  then the front Thermostat will be for Zone 1.  The rear will be set up where the bedroom unit is Zone 1 and the Center as Zone 23.  OK....one might ask....why the devil did they have a ZONE 4....where do you put the Fourth AC.  There ain't none.

When Monaco in 2008 (maybe 2007) added a Zone 4 controller....they installed the SAME controller that would go into a rooftop unit.  BTW...  Inquiring minds should KNOW that you can ONLY find or get to the 15KW Controllers by going on the roof.  On the 13.5KW, they are INSIDE and in the Plenum.  OK...what about Zone 4.  Since I am doing Trick or Treat duties...I might get a bit punchy...   SO PARDON my trying to lighten up on something as complicated as Monaco made it.

They HID, behind and out of sight and sometimes you had to do a major DISASSEMBLY, the Zone 4 controller.  It's DIP is set to ZONE 4.  There is a FURNACE (memory) DIP also set.  That means that there is control relay giving out instructions.  SO, you scroll through the zones.  STOP at 4.  That should show FURNACE.  THAT is what heats the center....may or may not be controlled....Don't HAVE a Dynasty...so memory, TWO position Hi and Low switch in a bathroom....like I have.

NOW....the manual, I was told was grossly messed up in 2008.  BUT, then, I pulled the your manual. I THINK that your manual is actually well written and clear...or at least to those of us that have to trace circuits on prints and help folks reset or test their HVAC systems.

Start reading on page 108.  Keep on reading and get into the AH section.  At the TOP of page 108...there is a CHART.  VIOLA.  You see and can understand what Zone 4 does.....and THERE should be FURNACE.  That Control Module actually also has a remote Temperature sensor.  SO, when you set Zone 4 for heat and pick a temperature....the control module (hidden in the bowels of the woodwork) will get temp readings from the remote sensor.  It then toggles ON or OFF the Zone for the Aquahot heat in the center.

ONE MORE QUIRK.  Monaco and Aquahot NEVER agreed on ZONES.  So, Zone 1 on the thermostat, is NOT Zone 1 on the Aquahot terminal strip panel.  You can see this if you trace the wiring on your prints.  SO....it is confusing to tell someone....set the Thermostat Zone 1 for 80 degrees.  Now take you VOM and see if you have power on "ZONE" 5's FAN terminals and then check to see if there is continuity...as in the Zone 1 Control Module has closed the contracts....and if you test + and - on Zone 5's OTHER terminals....you should have continuity.  We have had folks decide to pursue other hobbies after one of these dissertations....and I am sort of kidding....but YES, it has happened.  They did NOT realize the amount of knowledge of the systems and the ability to trouble shoot circuits....that was involved...but did not want to pay a qualified tech $$, so they hoped it was a "FUSE" and that they could fix it.

OK...Read and learn...SORRY FOR THE REPITIION...LOL>

There is a LOT of good info posted.  YES, the AH should NOT have flashing lights....reset it.  NOW, Monaco also had some assemblers that never got the "memo", you have TO PROGRAM this hidden module. NO BS...it happened to our expert and he figured it out and kept tearing apart cabinets and found his ZONE 4.  Zone 4 was NEVER printed or mentioned in his manual...but he spotted it on a print.  SO MUCH FOR TRAINING.  He then reprogrammed it.  ZONE 4 showed up.  He had heat and he became an "even wiser expert" and I owe much of what I have learned to his help and mentoring me.

SO...it you do NOT have Zone 4...then that is a different issue.

SO, read.  Experiment and understand.  Check for all 4 zones.  Then, report back...after you digest it.  Then, the more you know, the easier it is for someone to help you.

Thanks for your comments and understanding....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DBRV.0 said:

Vito -

Thanks and thanks!

Thank you for the specifics and configuration information.  The wall thermostat is still the OEM Duo Therm, and apparently it was on zone 2 when I tried finding heat last night.  Zone 2 has no 'Furnace' option, which is the kitchen area.  Therefore I figured that the furnace was controlled some other way.  After your instructions, I found that the other 3 zones do have Furnace, and they all work.

So now the latest issue is zone 2, which does not show a Furnace option.  It skips right past it.  Anyone know why that might be?  All other zones have Furnace.

My second thanks is for the link.  I have two boxes of documents, primarily the OEM books and pamphlets, but I was missing the Operators Manual.

- Jeff

This is how your system was designed.  Same as on my 2008 Dynasty

Zone 1 = Front roof AC/HP and furnace (aqua hot) - remote temp sensor up front

Zone 2 = Center roof AC/HP  (NO furnace) - temp sensor inside the thermostat

Zone 3 = Rear roof AC/HP and furnace (aqua hot) - remote temp sensor in bedroom

Zone 4 = Bath furnace (aqua hot and a hidden control box behind the thermostat) (NO roof AC/HP) - remote temp sensor in bathroom

BTW, don't be surprised is some zones don't have heat.  The zone check valves often stick if not regularly used.  If this happens, give them a few sharp hits with the plastic handle of a screwdriver.  The check valves are just below the top outlets of the Aquahot zone hoses.  sometimes just hitting that hose connection is enough to free the check valve without removing the Aquahot cover.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

This is how your system was designed.  Same as on my 2008 Dynasty

Zone 1 = Front roof AC/HP and furnace (aqua hot) - remote temp sensor up front

Zone 2 = Center roof AC/HP  (NO furnace) - temp sensor inside the thermostat

Zone 3 = Rear roof AC/HP and furnace (aqua hot) - remote temp sensor in bedroom

Zone 4 = Bath furnace (aqua hot and a hidden control box behind the thermostat) (NO roof AC/HP) - remote temp sensor in bathroom

BTW, don't be surprised is some zones don't have heat.  The zone check valves often stick if not regularly used.  If this happens, give them a few sharp hits with the plastic handle of a screwdriver.  The check valves are just below the top outlets of the Aquahot zone hoses.  sometimes just hitting that hose connection is enough to free the check valve without removing the Aquahot cover.

My 08 Dynasty squire is the same setup with the zones. 

I'll add that playing around with it , to your question about the aqhot L M H button in the kitchen turns on the fans in the kitchen slide on mine, but it is connected to ZONE 1 , the button light /fans will cycle with zone 1.

Zone 4 , Bath furnace only, but the fan won't run on mine as i have another button labeled aquahot blower in my bathroom that needs to be on for the actual fan to cycle on/off with the thermostat.

I have tested my basement sensor and it works to turn on the blower in the wet bay.. but haven't verified which zone needs to be on for the basement to be activated since all zones were set to furnace when i tested the basement. 

22 hours ago, DBRV.0 said:

41 minutes ago, vipeboy2000 said:

I'll add that playing around with it , to your question about the aqhot L M H button in the kitchen turns on the fans in the kitchen slide on mine, but it is connected to ZONE 1 , the button light /fans will cycle with zone 1.

Zone 4 , Bath furnace only, but the fan won't run on mine as i have another button labeled aquahot blower in my bathroom that needs to be on for the actual fan to cycle on/off with the thermostat.

I have tested my basement sensor and it works to turn on the blower in the wet bay.. but haven't verified which zone needs to be on for the basement to be activated since all zones were set to furnace when i tested the basement. 

If yours is like my 2012 Diplomat, then zone 4 is the bath and wet bay.  The switch in the bathroom is to disable the fan in the bathroom if you only want the wet bay heat.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

If yours is like my 2012 Diplomat, then zone 4 is the bath and wet bay.  The switch in the bathroom is to disable the fan in the bathroom if you only want the wet bay heat.  

oo, that makes so much sense! i was like why is there a switch for just the bathroom fan.. lol Thanks. i'm going to test it out.

1 hour ago, vipeboy2000 said:

YES... and THANKS for the info.  It reinforces my "Recollection" and not being a Dynasty owner, but helping out them on and offline and also with Frank's coaching me a long time ago....this makes sense.

I WAS about 90% POSITIVE that on the 2008's, that you have to have the REAR BEDROOM on, which I think Frank told me and we experimented with my Camelot and they were different...

HOWEVER....after looking at the prints, I think that may be error.

The Thermal Bulb or the Capillary Tube Thermostat goes to Fan 4 Thermostat.  or AH Z4 (as on the AH Schematic on the right).  So, that is the control signal.  Then the Fan (signal or 12 VDC to start the fan) does go BLACK to the Wet Bay Heat Exchanger.  SO...it LOOKS LIKE the Wet Bay IS a totally independent system...and there is NO need for another AH zone to be ON.  BUT, of course...the Electric and/or the DIESEL must one or both) be on.  I DID verify this with our expert...and YES...but obviously...the AH must be on.

NOW...there is an "interesting little NUANCE...  @DBRV.0 posted a comment about the LO/MED/HI switch.  Note ON AH Z5.  There is the "normal" Zone 1 or the Front Dometic Zone 1 thermostat signal.  SO, when the AH is running or the Thermostat wires make a circuit...then that tells the AH to start the blower and it would run on HIGH...as most do.  BUT, it  "appears" that the actual signal or voltage to the fan is NOT a DIRECT on/off, but seemingly VARIABLE low/med/high signal.  Mine is ON or OFF....thus the Fan runs at ONE speed.

BUT, I do NOT have the Intellitec MPX with a L/M/H switch near the sink or somewhere there abouts.  The 2008's and above, that switch sort of "Takes OVER"  The voltage is actually NOT VARIABLE...but is a Pulsed Voltage (I think...) signal that comes from an Intellitec MPX output module or interface.  Look at the print....there is a Relay that is energized from the Fan voltage.  BUT, then the MPX takes over...and it appears that the MPX controls a Pulsed....as in 33% for LOW and 67% for MED and 100% for HIGH voltage to the actual fan.

@Frank McElroy can explain how it works or just let it go that, and YES, the MPX is now the speed control for Zone 1.  

Just correcting a misinformation....and learned something ....as usual...from the prints and the manual...

38071413 (Schematic, Dual Heat Elements, Aqua-hot).pdf

1 hour ago, vipeboy2000 said:

oo, that makes so much sense! i was like why is there a switch for just the bathroom fan.. lol Thanks. i'm going to test it out.

NOPE....be careful....the Diplomat does NOT have the same system nor does it have the MPX that the 2008 has.  Your 2008 should allow the Wet Bay to be on without any rear zone.  My 2009 is the same.  I don't know about the 2012 Diplomats....and the AH was not, I think, an option in 2009.

Look at this print....it shows that your wet bay will work as long as the AH is on... BUT there is, somewhere, an ON/OFF switch...which Monaco obviously did not want to divulge the location.

MY ADVICE....your 2008 manual, per Frank, is NOT correct.  Download the 2009 Dynasty and READ IT.  It seems to clarify a BUNCH.  If you still are questioning or need an explanation, PM @Frank McElroy and he will respond or answer.

This sort of "illustrates" my original comment...  BE CAREFUL.... just because one's MH has an AH....there are several different models.  And, based on the specific year, Monaco may have wired it differently.  SO a 2009 Camelot's controls are ALL through just the 5 Button.  NOW, there is a remote switch in mine for controlling the bathroom heater.  

BUT, in 2008 (maybe 2007), Monaco started to integrate or use the Intellitec MPX to allow you to TURN ON the AH, so the control panel is TOTALLY different.  They also allowed you to have a "variable" speed fan for the front.  Don't know what other "mischief" they came up with later.

BUT, in 2012, they "dropped" or there is no ONLINE manual for the Camelot.  The Dynasty STILL has the FULLY MPX INTERIOR lighting system.  BUT, the Diplomat does NOT...  To make it MORE confusing....my 2009 Camelot DOES have a Hybrid MPX...but it does NOT control or get involved with the Aquahot...like the 2008 does...  So, information on how the AH works for 2012 may not, actually is probably not how the 2008 MPX works.

Not calling out @dandick66, he DOES say "IF".  What the staff is now requesting is that when one makes a statement like this, check out the Owner's manual or pull the prints FIRST...  Often times it is taken as absolute or at face value and folks chase down something that is not there.

This is NOT the first time....nor will it be the last....but since we have a lot more members and Navistar made changes....and GOD ONLY KNOW ABOUT REV.... it is becoming more and more an issue and we are having to correct it more...which takes our time...and we ask that folks understand that, say, an AH may not work the same way.

Thank to all for understanding and helping out.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

NOPE....be careful....the Diplomat does NOT have the same system nor does it have the MPX that the 2008 has.  Your 2008 should allow the Wet Bay to be on without any rear zone.  My 2009 is the same.  I don't know about the 2012 Diplomats....and the AH was not, I think, an option in 2009.

Look at this print....it shows that your wet bay will work as long as the AH is on... BUT there is, somewhere, an ON/OFF switch...which Monaco obviously did not want to divulge the location.

MY ADVICE....your 2008 manual, per Frank, is NOT correct.  Download the 2009 Dynasty and READ IT.  It seems to clarify a BUNCH.  If you still are questioning or need an explanation, PM @Frank McElroy and he will respond or answer.

This sort of "illustrates" my original comment...  BE CAREFUL.... just because one's MH has an AH....there are several different models.  And, based on the specific year, Monaco may have wired it differently.  SO a 2009 Camelot's controls are ALL through just the 5 Button.  NOW, there is a remote switch in mine for controlling the bathroom heater.  

BUT, in 2008 (maybe 2007), Monaco started to integrate or use the Intellitec MPX to allow you to TURN ON the AH, so the control panel is TOTALLY different.  They also allowed you to have a "variable" speed fan for the front.  Don't know what other "mischief" they came up with later.

BUT, in 2012, they "dropped" or there is no ONLINE manual for the Camelot.  The Dynasty STILL has the FULLY MPX INTERIOR lighting system.  BUT, the Diplomat does NOT...  To make it MORE confusing....my 2009 Camelot DOES have a Hybrid MPX...but it does NOT control or get involved with the Aquahot...like the 2008 does...  So, information on how the AH works for 2012 may not, actually is probably not how the 2008 MPX works.

Not calling out @dandick66, he DOES say "IF".  What the staff is now requesting is that when one makes a statement like this, check out the Owner's manual or pull the prints FIRST...  Often times it is taken as absolute or at face value and folks chase down something that is not there.

This is NOT the first time....nor will it be the last....but since we have a lot more members and Navistar made changes....and GOD ONLY KNOW ABOUT REV.... it is becoming more and more an issue and we are having to correct it more...which takes our time...and we ask that folks understand that, say, an AH may not work the same way.

Thank to all for understanding and helping out.

Thanks for the explanation..

I'll definitely run some tests with with everything off house wise, and see if wet bay still activates... It is odd to put a separate blower switch for the bathroom though if it's the only zone 4 heat exchanger.. but who knows why lol. 🙂

I'm assuming, the actual "comfort control"  should be "ON" but all 4 zones "OFF" and the wet bay should still turn on if it drops below the set separate thermostat for the wet bay exchanger. Or can the "comfort control (thermostat in the hall) be fully "OFF" but as long as the aquahot is on, the wet bay should still work on it's own..

This thread is fortuitous as we are considering leaving just wet bay heat on while leaving the mh at families for 2.5 weeks before another trip... temps should be around 30 lows at night. 

4 hours ago, vipeboy2000 said:

Thanks for the explanation..

I'll definitely run some tests with with everything off house wise, and see if wet bay still activates... It is odd to put a separate blower switch for the bathroom though if it's the only zone 4 heat exchanger.. but who knows why lol. 🙂

I'm assuming, the actual "comfort control"  should be "ON" but all 4 zones "OFF" and the wet bay should still turn on if it drops below the set separate thermostat for the wet bay exchanger. Or can the "comfort control (thermostat in the hall) be fully "OFF" but as long as the aquahot is on, the wet bay should still work on it's own..

This thread is fortuitous as we are considering leaving just wet bay heat on while leaving the mh at families for 2.5 weeks before another trip... temps should be around 30 lows at night. 

On my 08 Dynasty the bath zone has 2 heat exchangers.  One is under the shower. The other one in the small room with the toilet can be turned off.  If left on, that small room could get too hot.

There are 3 hot water circulating loops on 3 separate pumps.  The bath and wet bay are on the same circulating loop.  Either the bath temp sensor OR the bay temp sensor can turn on this loop circulating pump.  The heat exchanger fans in the bath or wet bay will only turn on if the temperature sensor is calling for heat even though hot water may be flowing through the heat exchangers.

• Like 1

Output for the fan under the dash gets its feed from the AH controller.  For the 3 speed fan for under sink counter heat exchanger, the AH controller sends an input signal to the Intellitec system.  The fan speed is controlled by the 3 outputs from the Intellitec system to the fan motor. These outputs are NOT pulsed.  When the front aquahot zone is on, you can press the fan speed keypad to select high, med, low, off fan speeds.  The system will remember the last fan speed setting.

Here is a detailed schematic.

38071413 (Schematic, Dual Heat Elements, Aqua-hot).pdf

The aquahot has 3 circulating pumps.  #1 fan/thermo is on circulating pump #1, #2&#4 fan/thermo is on circulating pump #2 and #5 fan/thermo is on circulating pump #3.

Note - thermostat zones are NOT the same numbers as aquahot control zones.

2 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Output for the fan under the dash gets its feed from the AH controller.  For the 3 speed fan for under sink counter heat exchanger, the AH controller sends an input signal to the Intellitec system.  The fan speed is controlled by the 3 outputs from the Intellitec system to the fan motor. These outputs are NOT pulsed.  When the front aquahot zone is on, you can press the fan speed keypad to select high, med, low, off fan speeds.  The system will remember the last fan speed setting.

Here is a detailed schematic.

38071413 (Schematic, Dual Heat Elements, Aqua-hot).pdf 154.76 kB · 6 downloads

The aquahot has 3 circulating pumps.  #1 fan/thermo is on circulating pump #1, #2&#4 fan/thermo is on circulating pump #2 and #5 fan/thermo is on circulating pump #3.

Note - thermostat zones are NOT the same numbers as aquahot control zones.

Frank, The schematic shows no galley heat exchangers, which I'm sure it has, otherwise it wouldn't need a off/lo/hi switch in the galley.

It's showing 5 heat exchangers on the main floor, which doesn't seem right. 

I have 6, in my lower tiered model!

6 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Frank, The schematic shows no galley heat exchangers, which I'm sure it has, otherwise it wouldn't need a off/lo/hi switch in the galley.

It's showing 5 heat exchangers on the main floor, which doesn't seem right. 

I have 6, in my lower tiered model!

The galley heat exchanger is in the upper right with high, med and low speed wires going to the Intellitec output module.  Yes, it isn't labeled.

Yes, 5 heat exchangers plus the galley heat exchanger is what I have.