MH 3000 fluid change

2008 Monaco Camelot 42pdq Cummins ISL 400 roadmaster chassis.

skip all the baloney from the dealer.  Measure your pan, if it 3 3.5” from the trans housing you need the tall filters.  If it is 2” you need the short filters. The short filters will work in place of the long ones, but not recommended.

the 3.5” pan unit needs 5 gallons of transynd if you drain the fluid and change the filters.

There are 6 bolts on each filter cover that require a 15 mm socket.   Be careful not to over torque on reinstall.  It needs 35-40 foot lbs.

Drain plug is a 3/8” drive extension.

Took me a lil time to get one of the old gaskets cleaned off    Other than that - the job is as easy as changing engine oil.

i use 2 cheat methods that make this a breeze.    I dig a trench with my mini excavator so access is easy underneath. I have a 12v jabsco transfer pump that I use to pump fluid from the bucket iinto the filler tube.   
So easy a caveman can do it   Cost me about $300 for the filter kit and Transynd fluid.  Took 2 hours including the trench dig and test drive.  Fluid was not ever changed by original owner   Filters were labeled “installed by manufacturer 04/02/2007.  The fluid that drained out looked great and the drain plug had very little mud stuck to the magnet.

I post this in case anyone else is waffling on doing it themselves.   Save the $350 dealer labor.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, CapnDean said:

2008 Monaco Camelot 42pdq Cummins ISL 400 roadmaster chassis.

skip all the baloney from the dealer.  Measure your pan, if it 3 3.5” from the trans housing you need the tall filters.  If it is 2” you need the short filters. The short filters will work in place of the long ones, but not recommended.

the 3.5” pan unit needs 5 gallons of transynd if you drain the fluid and change the filters.

There are 6 bolts on each filter cover that require a 15 mm socket.   Be careful not to over torque on reinstall.  It needs 35-40 foot lbs.

Drain plug is a 3/8” drive extension.

Took me a lil time to get one of the old gaskets cleaned off    Other than that - the job is as easy as changing engine oil.

i use 2 cheat methods that make this a breeze.    I dig a trench with my mini excavator so access is easy underneath. I have a 12v jabsco transfer pump that I use to pump fluid from the bucket iinto the filler tube.   
So easy a caveman can do it   Cost me about $300 for the filter kit and Transynd fluid.  Took 2 hours including the trench dig and test drive.  Fluid was not ever changed by original owner   Filters were labeled “installed by manufacturer 04/02/2007.  The fluid that drained out looked great and the drain plug had very little mud stuck to the magnet.

I post this in case anyone else is waffling on doing it themselves.   Save the $350 dealer labor.

I tried that once. My yard was too small for the trench and my neighbor got ticked off when I did it in his backyard. Said it was too close to his patio.....TIC....Dennis

• Haha 2