New stereo fora 2007 monaco camelot

Single din or double din? There are lots of options at just as many price points. My 2002 Windsor had a single din Sony that I replaced with a SSL, its the same as the Boss. It has Apple car play and multiple video inputs, Bluetooth etc. It was fairly cheap for what you get. Pioneer, Kenwood and others make great units but they cost north of $800. The Boss comes in 9" and 10" sizes for $250-$300 depending on where you buy it. I run the Garmin, Waze or Google to compare while driving for changing conditions.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Q3cdx4oj149/p_104BE8ACP/BOSS-Audio-BE8ACP.html?XVINQ=GLX&XVVer=1HX6&awcr=681110669756&awdv=c&awnw=g&awug=9031619&awkw=pla-2278921928354&awmt=&awat=pla&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAtt2tBhBDEiwALZuhAMWnrNbgCSrL9Spk1GyG4oSm74WDoLiQ_kOod6ZK4NOipuq48rp_6RoCFjwQAvD_BwE

Dash Panel.jpg

• Like 1

SEE ABOVE. I'd call CRUTCHFIELD.  THEY are the experts. I have used them and they know more than any tech support, especially car stereo's. You WILL need a picture of your radio.  ODDS are, it has the two push in button locks to get off the face plate. If you give them the brand and model number of what you have, they know what you need and will make a selection for you based on the features you want.  THEN they will tell you the MOST popular brand and model to purchase.

You can ALSO go back in and read the reviews on that Brand and Model and see what the real world is....

You learn a LOT. 

You will also need the PRINT for your radio that shows the PINS OUT or the harness so that you can complete, properly, the install.  DO NOT JUST RANDOMLY CUT OFF..

Use your camera.  Look at the color codes.  OK...you are IN LUCK...

I pulled and printed out a PDF of the radio. AS SUSPECTED...it is the "Magnadyne".  You now have all the model info and the wiring harness information.  UNPLUG from the radio....do NOT CUT....then use this when you install.

THIS IS A MUST....Monaco did a LOT of strange things...and the prints are the ONLY reliable document.  Good LUCK...

Radio Magnadyne 2007 Camelot.pdf

• Like 1

Tom, That document is what I have been looking for as my Magnadyne is failing.

The question is do you have access to more versions of the radio and specifically a 2006/7 LaPalma?

The Magnadyne is a 1.5 din that will require enlarging the mounting hole if you want to install a double din radio.  Alternately, Magnadyne has an adapter for 1 din units,available on Amazon, $20 --

http://bit.ly/3Ue2Nse

The wiring appears to be the same for the 2007 Camelot and LaPalma, based on the schematics. 

Hope that helps.

Research I did 4-5 years ago with Magnadyne...they also made harnesses to adapt to other radio brands.  At the time they were very helpful.  I had trouble with the XM function which required a work around (stand alone receiver).

I just installed this Kenwood unit in my 06 Dynasty. Crutchfield is the way to go for sure, they set me up with a plug and play adapter.  I needed to cut the opening height about 3/4" and make a couple bars to hold the unit solid. Not a bad job. I think to mirror the phone it needs plugged into the USB cord on this one. I mainly wanted to stream music and have some better sound.  The sound quality is way better. Bluetooth works great.  I still want to add a sub-woofer. 

20240130_210721.jpg

20240106_151800.jpg

On 1/29/2024 at 1:38 PM, Mark B said:

Single din or double din? There are lots of options at just as many price points. My 2002 Windsor had a single din Sony that I replaced with a SSL, its the same as the Boss. It has Apple car play and multiple video inputs, Bluetooth etc. It was fairly cheap for what you get. Pioneer, Kenwood and others make great units but they cost north of $800. The Boss comes in 9" and 10" sizes for $250-$300 depending on where you buy it. I run the Garmin, Waze or Google to compare while driving for changing conditions.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Q3cdx4oj149/p_104BE8ACP/BOSS-Audio-BE8ACP.html?XVINQ=GLX&XVVer=1HX6&awcr=681110669756&awdv=c&awnw=g&awug=9031619&awkw=pla-2278921928354&awmt=&awat=pla&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAtt2tBhBDEiwALZuhAMWnrNbgCSrL9Spk1GyG4oSm74WDoLiQ_kOod6ZK4NOipuq48rp_6RoCFjwQAvD_BwE

Dash Panel.jpg

Mark, I reviewed the unit, (listed) from Crutchfield for $249.99. Did some further investo and contacted Crutchfield, (tech support) about a statement on the unit which states the unit will not work unless a certain wire is not connect to the vehicles park system. I explained to the tech that I plan on installing it in my coach, (05 Monaco Knight) that is equipped with a push button gear selector and to my knownledge I was not aware of any such method of my OE unit. I inform the tech my old unit worked off a off/on switch on the dash. May I asked what did you do in that situation? Thanks; Woody

50 minutes ago, colorodan said:

Mark, I reviewed the unit, (listed) from Crutchfield for $249.99. Did some further investo and contacted Crutchfield, (tech support) about a statement on the unit which states the unit will not work unless a certain wire is not connect to the vehicles park system. I explained to the tech that I plan on installing it in my coach, (05 Monaco Knight) that is equipped with a push button gear selector and to my knownledge I was not aware of any such method of my OE unit. I inform the tech my old unit worked off a off/on switch on the dash. May I asked what did you do in that situation? Thanks; Woody

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20231109125500/Manuals/104/104BE8ACP.PDF

Don't have one....but MIGHT need one at some time.  I would call BOSS....tech support phone at end.

What the instructions say, to me...  IS that if you wanted to view certain videos...which is against FEDERAL LAW, you have to have a connection listed on page 34.  MY GUESS...this would be a 12 VDC signal.  

ASK BOSS.  If all that is needed is a 12 VDC signal, then use the IGNITION switch wire.  OR a separate switch. NOW, there IS a GROUND signal that comes out of the PARKING BRAKE SWITCH. It brings ON the Parking Brake light on your dash. You can chase that or see if you can find it or call the vendor for the DASH unit. You can use a relay and the GROUND for the Parking Light would be energized...  then you could play videos...  NOT, the Android is a bit fussier...

Do some looking at your prints. There is a signal that comes into the Slide Control System or module that also has the Parking Brake input....might be labeled.  BUT....ODDS ARE...that will be NEGATIVE or a GROUNDED signal...so a relay will be necessary.

I agree with Tom, call Boss. They are in Oxnard CA. My unit is powered from a dash switch. It’s a straight forward installation.