Splendide WD2100 status light flickers, machine off and on

joefromperry

The Spendide washer/dryer, model WD2100 has worked fine in my 2003 Signature, until yesterday. Now when I start it everything seems good: door locks, water starts to fill, etc. But within a minute, it seems to lose power, the red light flickers and goes off, then starts up again where it left off for maybe 10-15 seconds, then repeats the shutoff. I went through troubleshooting section in the service/training/owners manual(s), but it doesn't really speak to this issue. I know the w/d is connected to the third air conditioner for load sharing, but this happens whether the ac is on or off. No matter which setting it's on, wash, spin, dry, etc., it does the same. Drum spins okay, so not belt. It's going to be a pain in the dupa to pull it out, if that's what I need to do. I'll call Westland tomorrow, but I thought I'd first see if anyone here has experienced and resolved similar. Thanks in advance.

Edited by joefromperry

Eliminate first.

Turn off the W/D breaker.  Then chase down the Intellitec AES module….supposedly under the bed. Disconnect the LINE side Romex and the W/D Romex. Temporarily wire nut them together and then test. A failed AES can still be the issue as it is very common failure part due to “misuse”.

If it is the AES, then replace and make a sticky note, if needed, to NEVER EVER attempt to run the Rear AC when using the W/D. This is, per all the posts here, the number one failure.  It also does NOT do the W/D any good to have the AES cutting power on and off repeatedly.

The circuit was never designed for constant switching or such.  The manual warns against this also.  The AES was just a “load sensor”.  Due to the circuit inside the W/D, running both just destroys the AES.

May not be the cause, but is most probable and needs to be eliminated prior to working on a “may not be broke” W/D.

Good Luck….

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Eliminate first.

Turn off the W/D breaker.  Then chase down the Intellitec AES module….supposedly under the bed. Disconnect the LINE side Romex and the W/D Romex. Temporarily wire nut them together and then test. A failed AES can still be the issue as it is very common failure part due to “misuse”.

If it is the AES, then replace and make a sticky note, if needed, to NEVER EVER attempt to run the Rear AC when using the W/D. This is, per all the posts here, the number one failure.  It also does NOT do the W/D any good to have the AES cutting power on and off repeatedly.

The circuit was never designed for constant switching or such.  The manual warns against this also.  The AES was just a “load sensor”.  Due to the circuit inside the W/D, running both just destroys the AES.

May not be the cause, but is most probable and needs to be eliminated prior to working on a “may not be broke” W/D.

Good Luck….

Thank you, Tom. I'll do that today. It was my first thought, but I need to find it. However, in just messing with it now per Splendide's troubleshooting, if I set the dryer to 30 minutes and turn it on, the "auto dry" LED is on, and door lock/status goes on and dryer starts.  Then, as I mentioned, the status light flickers and goes off, but the "auto dry" LED stays on, which tells me that I'm not losing power to the dryer and maybe it's. not the AES. Thoughts?

Edit: I think the W/D is connected to my middle AC unit, not the bedroom. But your point is well-taken. I'll test that out, too.

Edited by joefromperry

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 5:56 AM, joefromperry said:

The Spendide washer/dryer, model WD2100 has worked fine in my 2003 Signature, until yesterday. Now when I start it everything seems good: door locks, water starts to fill, etc. But within a minute, it seems to lose power, the red light flickers and goes off, then starts up again where it left off for maybe 10-15 seconds, then repeats the shutoff. I went through troubleshooting section in the service/training/owners manual(s), but it doesn't really speak to this issue. I know the w/d is connected to the third air conditioner for load sharing, but this happens whether the ac is on or off. No matter which setting it's on, wash, spin, dry, etc., it does the same. Drum spins okay, so not belt. It's going to be a pain in the dupa to pull it out, if that's what I need to do. I'll call Westland tomorrow, but I thought I'd first see if anyone here has experienced and resolved similar. Thanks in advance.

Update: after working through some troubleshooting with Westland tech, it's a real possibility that the problem is a loose wire somewhere in the unit. I won't be able to pull the washer until I get home, but will update then. The only alternative is a control board problem. like broken solder connection. He said boards were no longer available. Thanks for the suggestions.