Paint codes

I need to get the paint codes for our 02 Diplomat LE.  Does anyone in the group have a working phone number for Monaco. I called a number I found online, but it was not a good number.  I think they have went out of business, but I'm hoping to be able to get the paint codes. We have the Oak Glenn model.

Thanks

Mike Hampton

02 Dip LE

Doubtful that REV, who bought Monaco, will have any data that old.  Even if they did, that original paint color would not match your 23 year old faded paint.   It is best to get it computer scanned to match the existing color.  Often you can just remove the refrigerator cover ant take that in for scanning. 

- Rick N 

Tucson, AZ 

My experience with REV has been positive, if they have the information they will try to provide. 

I went through this process last summer and found the company that made the original paint.  I can't recall their name at the moment, but I think I could do some searches here and find it.  I do remember it was expensive and they said that it likely would not match the older paint.  I went the route of taking a panel and getting it scanned, but that was not all that great either.  My particular coach seems to have about 3 different shades of gold that all look different depending upon the angle and amount of light.  Needless to say it was a nightmare to try and match.  I settled for fixing some of the worse spots and I plan on just painting the entire thing once I retire and have the time to do it.  One thing I will note... my original intent was to just sand off the clear coat and spray that in the areas that were peeling.  However, I quickly found that the paint is very thin and you are down to primer in no time at all.  If you sand... use 2500 or 3000 grit and go easy.  Again, in my case I decided it was not worth it to spend the time.  I found the paint codes on a paper in the owners box.  Let me know if you still need the original paint supplier and I'll do some looking.

5 hours ago, mike hampton said:

I need to get the paint codes for our 02 Diplomat LE.  Does anyone in the group have a working phone number for Monaco. I called a number I found online, but it was not a good number.  I think they have went out of business, but I'm hoping to be able to get the paint codes. We have the Oak Glenn model.

Thanks

Mike Hampton

02 Dip LE

@mike hampton I just went through this process (2 weeks ago while in Ft Myers) on our 06 Dynasty - had some chips I wanted to touch up. After all my research - including having the original paint numbers - I took a bay door off that had all 3 colors and took it to an automotive paint store. They have a “infrared/laser” camera that they “scanned” each color and then mix paint accordingly. Not perfect, but I’m happy with the outcome on an 18 yr old coach!

I got a phone number ultimately the parts dept at REV the new or current Parent Company .  I think this is where I reached out..   1 (877) 466-6226. They gave me not only my paint codes but my build sheet with all models and serial numbers for my accessories