Propane and CO2 detector Replacement

I got a little over 4 years out of my pair of detectors - they both quit within a month of each other. Normally I get 5 years of life out of one. When I was replacing the one below the stove, I blew its 1 amp fuse. I had done this before and it took me a long time to find the fuse that time.

You'd think I’d remember where it was, but nope, and it took me a long time to find my notes. I finally did locate them and the fuse is in the rear run bay in a 2000 Dynasty.

One of the replacement detectors was labeled 2022, but this shouldn’t be an issue because I think the clock starts running when it is powered up right?

I wonder why the fuse isn’t with the other house fuses in the bedroom?

Edited by dennis.mcdonaugh

I was wondering why mine would chirp once/minute . . . . End of life!

I replaced it with this PANGAEA RV Carbon Monoxide & Propane Dual Gas Detector for $55 as the OEM Safety-T-Alert was over double the cost.  I did have to make an adapter mounting plate to cover the huge ugly hole Monaco put in the original mount. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CBVY4WRY/

I make the mistake of soldering it in with a grounded soldering iron.  My fuse is in the front run bay (2003 Endeavor).

It looks like Amazon reduced the price of one of their Safe-T-Alerts dual detector to $70. MTI Industries seem to have several models that do the same thing . . . .

- bob

On 3/18/2024 at 6:49 AM, dennis.mcdonaugh said:

I wonder why the fuse isn’t with the other house fuses in the bedroom?

Dennis,

I think the LP detector is wired into the chassis battery circuits on many older models, possibly to better support a “always on” operation (questionable logic, of course). The fuse block usually located in the bedroom, sometimes in the closet, is fed by the house battery circuits.