Broken ice maker water feed line.

mello1

I have a 2002 Endeavor, and my water feed line for the norcold refrigerator is brittle and broke near the control valve. My question is where the feed line is connected to the water system. I could splice in a repair but I would prefer to replace the whole hose.

• mello1 changed the title to Broken ice maker water feed line.

FWIW

My ice maker water line would develop a pin hole leak in it where it came up and bent over to go to the water valve, this happen every other year it seemed.

I ended up getting a short steel braided hose and splicing that  in where the bend would be.  That pretty much solved the problem.

My coach has a water filter under the kitchen sink, there is a small T handle valve where the small ice maker line is attached.  This provides filtered water to the icemaker, makes clear ice cubes>  can't hardly see them in my whiskey glass. 

• Like 1

My line would slit because of the bends Monaco had put in it causing a lot of stress on the line. Initially I put a 90 degree bend in it but after 16 years the line was also very fragile and could not really be salvaged.  I found a braided water line at Ace that had the correct connector at each end and solved the problem permanently. 
i did have to enlarge the hole that the line passes through to connect to the supply but that was not a real challenge. 

I found where the 1/4 inch line from the back of the refrigerator was under the refer in the furnace space. there was a 1/2 in blue waterline there with the shut off valve. so I replaced the entire 1/4 inch line..all is well  I want to thank all of you that replied.