Intellitec MP Switch Pads….Interior Lighting panels 07 Dynasty

I have 4 lighting switch panels that are not operating. When I look at the control boards (in the rear closet) There are four that do not have the green power light on. Therefore I assume that is the problem however I have no idea where to go from here. Do the control boxes have a main fuse? Any help with where to go from here is greatly appreciated.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Intellitec MP Switch Pads….Interior Lighting panels 07 Dynasty
4 minutes ago, Constwkr said:

I have 4 lighting switch panels that are not operating. When I look at the control boards (in the rear closet) There are four that do not have the green power light on. Therefore I assume that is the problem however I have no idea where to go from here. Do the control boxes have a main fuse? Any help with where to go from here is greatly appreciated.

Fix number one.  ASSUME your Battery Cutoff Switch up front is functional and NOT Bypassed.  Turn OFF the switch (push the bottom).  All Interior lights will go off.  Now wait about 5 minutes.  Whilst waiting….go to each “not working” switch and push in any switch a few times…..naybe hold 5 seconds or so.

NOW….. TURN BACK ON battery.  Push TOP of switch.

That usually work.  You just rebooted the CPU that rins the MPX. Trust me on this. I have the NON CPU system.  What happens….and I did it.  I removed cables from house bank and did NOT kill the Battery Disconnect Switch.   Just the erratic bumping or pulsing on the terminals messed up the Boot Cycle.

OK….the MPX….  Here is how it works. Flaky switches can be a “BAD” Boot or reset….or bad connection to wiring harness (when multiple) …like yours or BAD SWITCH.

PROBABLY ONE OFVTHE FIRST TWO.

@Frank McElroy & @pwhittle are out resiurced….they can repair boards for 20% of the vebdor

do the above.

If when you press the wall light switch the lights don't turn on that implies one thing to me.  The green LEDs on the boards on the closet light up when the circuit is supposed to be on, and are off when the circuit is supposed to be off.  What happens when you command everything to turn on by holding the Master Off switch?  (Not the salesman switch but the wall switch labeled master off typically up front and also by the bed.) Do all the lights turn on in sequence and thus the green LEDs also turn on?  If so I would try carefully pop the cover off the wall switch(es), unscrew the two screws to pull it off the wall, unplug & replug the backside wiring connection.  A bad connection could break the blue or yellow loop serial operation. Check for unusual kinking in the wires.  You could also unplug/replug the edge connectors on the closet boards.  This assumes you have done the CPU reboot mentioned above ... Although not sure why Tom mentions multiplex chassis stuff I wouldn't think you have and I can't think of a connection to the front run box???

Tom, I followed the procedure you laid out and everything came back on. Thanks for you help and expertise! Once again this board comes through for all of us who are much less knowledgeable about the systems in our coaches. 

Dan

2 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

If when you press the wall light switch the lights don't turn on that implies one thing to me.  The green LEDs on the boards on the closet light up when the circuit is supposed to be on, and are off when the circuit is supposed to be off.  What happens when you command everything to turn on by holding the Master Off switch?  (Not the salesman switch but the wall switch labeled master off typically up front and also by the bed.) Do all the lights turn on in sequence and thus the green LEDs also turn on?  If so I would try carefully pop the cover off the wall switch(es), unscrew the two screws to pull it off the wall, unplug & replug the backside wiring connection.  A bad connection could break the blue or yellow loop serial operation. Check for unusual kinking in the wires.  You could also unplug/replug the edge connectors on the closet boards.  This assumes you have done the CPU reboot mentioned above ... Although not sure why Tom mentions multiplex chassis stuff I wouldn't think you have and I can't think of a connection to the front run box???

GOOD CATCH….I did at least 10 of these yearerday.  My iPad will NOT Copy and Paste the links to our files.  I have to paste and recopy (PITA) the link in a email format.  Here is the one that I MEANT to include….Thanks.

Totally agree with you.  Don’t do anything until you reboot or refresh the system.  The problem that @Constwkr or Dan has here is a “CLASSIC” of a faulty reboot or killing power.  I DID THAT.  Took Frank M and myself a few minutes to troubleshoot and analyze.  You will also, possibly, have a circuit that will light up on one keypad,,but be DEAD on another….and all the other individual buttons light and such.  A REBOOT where there is a momentary contact….then off…then on drives a MPX crazy….  TRUST ME. I disconnected the positive on my 16 Vette and added a ring terminal for an external maintainer.  Next service….OMG….the tech paniced…he cleared the 20 or so codes…..all was well.  He wanted to know “How did you do that?”….

One OTHER OMG is that Monaco daisy chained some switches…..instead of putting them in parallel.  My GUT says reboot.  YES…you can loose a switch….but that is usually ONE….and not random on others as the whole MPX Data Buss is a loop.

I will edit the other post.. here is the correct one, that i meant to post.