Rear Camera malfunction...What is the "Monaco" history and are they will in business?

https://revrvparts.com/contact-us

I believe the last built Monaco was in 2019. Rev owns what’s left of Monaco.

Customer Service 800-509-3417

Edited by Gary M
  • Like 1

Considering the year of your coach, they won’t be much help for you. What is the issue you are looking for information on?

• Like 1

First place I would look it the Aladdin module that’s behind the dash. Remove the dash cover top hatch to access. Check to be sure all of the connectors are firmly attached. I had an RCA jack there that pulled out. 

The best help you will find is on this forum. Other will chime in before long. I look to try another camera next. If you have side cameras maybe you

can swap plugs to see if a side camera works in the rear position and if so you know it’s a bad rear camera or the wiring between the camera and the module. 

The cameras aren’t really tied into the Aladdin system, they are tied into your monitor, usually a Voyager, the Aladdin just uses a display port on that monitor. What is the problem with your camera?

• Tom Cherry changed the title to "Monaco" history and current owner question.

WHAT brand is the up front Monitor?  I do NOT have an Aladdin...so my REAR backup is displayed on the monitor that was also supplied by same vendor.  Monaco use ZONE DEFENSE in the Camelots (2009 and such) as they DROPPED the Aladdin tie in.

There are OTHERS that were used.  

NOW....the RIGHT TURN signal, I was TOLD by Zone....who did a LOT of "warranty work" at their shop....some 25 miles South of Tampa....is a COMMON problem. 

Their SYSTEM....which they said was a "hodge podge" works like this.

Monaco ran the cables to the FRONT LEFT....then they had to be "mated" or connected at some "JOINT" up and under the front cap. That JOINT was a MONACO install...and NOT a ZONE item.  The Joint will fail...as in get water or just sort of shake loose.  When the RIGHT camera goes squirrely, Zone would isolate the joint....take apart the connectors and do some "MAGIC" and restore it and all was well.

I have NEVER heard that "story" posted here.  BUT, I had to swap out a warranty camera and also have a "extended" warranty power supply fixed on my monitor....both of which cost me ZILCH.  Their techs were GREAT.  One was Butch (probably dead) but a younger on also. They seemed to be knowledgable...and knew exactly, in THEIR system, where the intermittent occurred and the fix.  NOW that MIGHT not be the configuration with all models....but my take and recollection.  The LEFT to RIGHT cable connection was built in or was standard in all Monaco's  AND regardless of Vendor....it was there.  BUT....maybe the cables on mine were too short and required the joint.

Mine does it once and a while...and I shudder...but it is not bad enough to go digging.

You MIGHT find out, by pulling, the camera manufacturer.  Then talk to them.  ALSO...look at the connections for the REAR camera.  Somewhere...I THINK, at least on mine it was the old RED/WHITE/YELLOW cable.  The camera had audio and they used that.  R/W/Y is called COMPOSITE.  If you have an older, smaller TV around the house...it MIGHT have the same inputs.  SO, take it out there....you might need a "patch or extension" cable.  Hook it up.  WORKS..  Camera OK.  Doesn't...  Cabling or bad camera...

IF you have a source...you can test it.  DON'T LAUGH...  THERE should be connectors on the camera in the back....I pulled mine out.  R/W/Y...

AS to REV....  We are "LEGACY" models in their data base.  That means....we have PRINTS....maybe....but our techs don't know squat.  There ARE a few parts out there that REV is stocking.  Weird stuff as well as common and still in use.  Price is usually 5 times that from other vendors.  The TRICK...  Figure out the CORRECT PN.  SOME folks have the ORIGINAL Monaco PN....which is, of all things, buried in the REV data base...so if you call in....sometimes they can find it.  We HAVE had members post the REV PN and sure enough...REV will sell it and it is in STOCK...

SO much for a summation of 15 years of HISTORY...

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Rear Camera malfunction...What is the "Monaco" history and are they will in business?

The cameras and monitor are all Voyager, I had to replace my rear camera several years ago, it has a tilt feature, so it’s a different connector than is used now. My monitor is having issues, but I’ll keep it until it dies all the way, there isn’t a feature by feature replacement available, no tilt.

From what I can see by looking at a 2007 Knight brochure, it looks like you have a different monitor, probably works the same, but not sure.

19 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Considering the year of your coach, they won’t be much help for you. What is the issue you are looking for information on?

Well, I have had great luck getting info from REV.  Our coach is a 2005 Ambassador and they have been able to give me paint codes,  build sheet including serial numbers, parts cross references. 

They have been surprisingly helpful.  Considering that I expected to be treated like an unwanted stepchild, they have been amazing.

On my 07 Diplomat, which may be the same as your Knight, my rear camera lost signal and then became intermittent. I pulled the camera and found the cable just dangling, unsupported in the rear cap cavity. I located the connector, cleaned and reseated it then zip-tied the cable so the connector is not under any stress. That seemed to fix my problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You all for the reply’s. Found the camera to be bad. Also replaced the old voyager monitor with a new updated one that was a plug and play. All is working good now.