seat mount bolts

Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

2007 HR Vacationer xl diesel pusher.  Bought new driver & passenger seats from Seats4you, HUGE mistake.  After difficult & expensive instal, seats now sit too high on their Flexsteel mounts.  I have to remove mounts and replace them or get them cut down and reinstall.  TO do this I have to remove the 4 bolts that hold the mount to the floor.  Does anyone know if the bolts are held under the floor by removable or fixed nuts?  Appreciate any advice.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

The swivel base mounted to the floor uses Hex-Head bolts only. Mine has 5.

The bolts go into a heavy duty steel plate mounted to the frame.

Edited by Dr4Film

Our 05 Safari Cheetah has 4 large hex bolts that go through a metal plate that is part of the frame , through the floor and then through the chair base where nut , flat and lick washer are applied. It requires two people, one in side and one outside. Additionally it helps to remove the chair for easier access to the nuts and worse remove the front wheel to access the hex head. I am 6'1" and with a long 1/2" wratchet wrentch still could not reach the back bolts with the wheel in place. YMMV.

@1nolaguy Now why would Safari do that??? Seems to me someone had lost their minds when their "engineer" designed that securing system.

My previous Windsor and now my Dynasty both are mounted the same way, 5 Hex-Head Bolts  with washers through the swivel base into the steel plate on the floor which is part of the frame.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:05 PM, Dr4Film said:

@1nolaguy Now why would Safari do that??? Seems to me someone had lost their minds when their "engineer" designed that securing system.

Cuz they weren't going to have to take it apart.