2007 HR Vacationer XL Leaf Spring Help

Hello all. Brand new to the forum and Motorhomes. We've had RVs for years, just new to one you drive instead of pull. Anyway, I'm really struggling. We bought a 2007 HR Vacationer XL with very few miles; however, after it nearly killed us trying to keep it on the road, we stopped at an RV service center who informed us the front suspension is on the bump stops. We hit the front step just pulling out of a gas station and the front leveling jack in the center is only a couple inches off the ground. We unhooked our toad and left the RV there to continue on to our destination.

A subsequent conversation with the service center has led me here. He and I both are struggling to find a part number to cross reference these springs with anything that will work. I've searched and searched these forums (and iRV2 and Google in general) and I keep coming up short. I've reached out to a couple manufactures and still coming up short. I've read through everything related I can find on the forum here, but still not sure how to get replacement springs for this rig. I've read Workhorse springs will work, but not sure on what to even look for there. I understand it's a Monaco Roadmaster RSR Chassis, but that's not really helping find new front springs.

We're in TX and the RV is at a repair shop in South Carolina. Please, looking for any help so we can get our RV (Big Bertha) home.

Appreaciate any input here
-Curt

In Tulsa Oklahoma there is a company called Tulsa Auto Spring.  They can rearc and heat treat old springs, or add new leaves to spring stacks to level the unit.  See if there is a comparable company close to you, or call Tulsa Auto Spring and ask if they have a recommendation for someone in your area.  Trying to find a new set might be close to impossible.  Or, you might look into after market air springs to give you the lift you need.  Good luck.

Richard

• Like 1

@Cheezee01 There's the salvage yard for same make / model.  Visone has 8 Vacationers in their inventory of various years.  Removing a spring would disable a rolling chassis and not sure how they'd feel about that.  https://rvparts.visonerv.com/

But if your spring(s) broke it could be an inherent defect.  I'd also call Source Engineering.  They tend to make things better than new.

Tulsa Auto Spring sounds like a good solution, too. 

- bob

• Like 1