Stranded! Power Steering / Radiator Fan Pump '90 Crown Royale

Need help locating a TRW power steering / radiator fan pump for a 1990 Monaco Crown Royale...  exhausts my internet and calls to Monaco.. Cummins.. Diesel repair ..

seems the part number was made for Monaco and doesn't exist or cross reference anywhere.

We've been stranded in Ft Stockton TX for a week with no progress.

Guest Ray Davis

Tom,  

You are 85 mi from Odessa and up the rd from that is Midland .

Those 2 cities are the center of West Tx oil country .    There has got to be quite a few hydraulic  and truck shops there .

What happened to your pump ?   Do you have it off the coach ? 

Is it leaking , inoperative or just worn out ?

I don't believe you'll find it by a Monaco part number , that company is long gone .  Adapting a similar pump may be your best course .

Hi Tom,

What does the pump look like? Do you have a picture/ part number? I had a 1994 Crown Royale and was able to rebuild mine.

If it the same, I will dig out the part numbers and where to get them.

Paul

• 1 year later...

For a 1990 Crown I was able to buy a exact replacement  pump from hydraulic.net.  It wasnt cheap about a grand However, things are cooler now. Does anyone have a recommendation or experience with doing a electric fan cooling set up? Just curious any formulas related to Colling an L10 and sources for replacement aluminum radiators for this model?  For anyone else, hoping this guys still not stranded,  Heres a link, https://hydraulic.net/product/webster-44977-31-monaco-motor-coach-hydraulic-gear-pump/  The picture shows hose connections on sides, Mine had the hose exiting the rear of the pump.  Also one of the output ports was a degree smaller than what I had, An adapter from Napa did the trick. If I had measured , called the guys  and placed the order direct I could have gotten the Perfect match but it was close enough.

Guest Ray Davis
9 hours ago, Matticus said:

Does anyone have a recommendation or experience with doing a electric fan cooling set up? Just curious any formulas related to Colling an L10 and sources for replacemen

You may find this interesting, it's a fellow on IRV2 forum using 4 elect fans.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/electric-cooling-fan-conversion-2000-endeavor-dp-557437.html