2012 MOnaco Dynasty built by Navistar (Kronberg MPX) ?

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

• Solution

YES....this has been written up quite a lot.  NOW, the guidelines for a NEW topic require a search of the files first. Here is the way to do that.

Keyword  KONGSBERG  Put in the search box; then click on EVERYWHERE.  Chose Topics.  That will show you all topics...

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?q=kongsberg&quick=1&type=forums_topic  OK...that is 6 pages of every post that has the word KONGSBERG in it.  READ and it's in there.

BUT, you should ALSO do the same KEY WORD search and select FILES from the EVERYWHERE Drop down. That is a discussion of it.  It is REALLY simple.  The Kongsberg has a massive panel at the bottom of the FRB.  FWIW, there are modules behind the FRB that feed out wiring to all locations.

NOW...The Kongsberg system was only used in certain models....SUPPOSEDLY all the 2008 Sig's had it....but there are reports of Exec (Navigator) and Dynasty (Imperial) also that "snuck out". BUT it was standard in 2009. The Beaver Patriots had it in 2009....don't know about earlier.

SO...when did it disappear.... Monaco used the CCM LAST in 2012.  NOW, that is based on the BROCHURE archives for Monaco.  They do NOT show a Sales Brochure for a 2013.  BUT, then it reappeared in 2014...and it did NOT have the CCM....was a clone of the Camelots...

Holiday Rambler dropped the upper ends right after the Bankruptcy.  All the Stranded 2009's were rebadged as 2010.  They MAY have made a few of them. BUT, there was a marketing decision and the Navigator and Imperial just DISAPPEARED in 2011.

That's it.  READ UP...lots of information...

BTW....there may be some confusion for folks.  The 2005/6 Dynasty and UP (plus the HR equivalents) had the 20 odd Intellitec proprietary PCB in the FRB and the RRB.  Then, the CCM replaced them.

The CCM is a PURE MPX system.  The switches are the dead give away. They are in blocks of THREE...where the Intellitec system used independent stand alone (popped into a rectangular opening in the dash) Carling switches.

NOW...there is an INTERNAL or HOUSE Intellitec MPX system that controls all the lights, pumps, fans, slides, TV drop downs, shades, GOD ONLY KNOW WHAT. The Internal MPX is not connected or integrated or attached or whatever to the CCM system...which is a Kongsberg product.

Thanks in advance for doing the required key word searches in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2024 at 7:32 PM, Paul J A said:

Kongsberg; The switches are the dead give away. They are in blocks of THREE.

mail.jpg

I chuckled when I saw my hand holding that Kongsberg-Eaton multiplex dash switch module.  Paul, you nailed it.

An easy way to check to see if you have a Kongsberg multiplex system is to just look at the 11 dash switch modules.  When folks list coaches for sale, they typically show a picture of the dash - easy to spot a Kongsberg vs convention chassis wiring system just by looking at the dash switches.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

I chuckled when I saw my hand holding that Kongsberg-Eaton multiplex dash switch module.  Paul, you nailed it.

An easy way to check to see if you have a Kongsberg multiplex system is to just look at the 11 dash switch modules.  When folks list coaches for sale, they typically show a picture of the dash - easy to spot a Kongsberg vs convention chassis wiring system just by looking at the dash switches.

T y.