Intellitec model 750 distribution panel

My A/C breaker has cooked the busbar on my 50 amp panel.  Have called different places including Intellitec and M&M Electronics but no help. All say the busbar cannot be purchased separate. Intellitec says the guts of the panel are the same as square D or Murray but those distributors say the same thing. I have called Visone rv salvage to see if they have a used panel but they have not replied. I hate to have to buy a complete panel just to get the busbar. Anyone have any suggestions. Larry

0343D2B2-AAFF-466C-9D5C-38FE7B2E5EB5.thumb.jpeg.d11b6860c14c84955b90933ccfd05d13.jpeg

How do you plan on replacing just the bus bar if all of the suppliers are saying that you need to replace the panel? It looks to me like it is riveted to the panel with fairly large strong rivets.

Unless you can Jerry-rigged one together in the same place. Have you checked any electrical supply vendors? There is one in Dansville NY where I am staying which I had to go to when I first arrived as I had left my 40 amp to 50 amp converter box back home in Florida. So I went out and purchased everything needed to install a permanent 50 amp receptacle at my brothers main electrical panel in his barn instead of using his 40 amp welder connection. I can check there the next time I go down the hill to town.

What caused the AC to melt the bus bar in the first place?

I am not sure about what caused the fused to burn out but the ac repair person feels the breaker  was not fitting the bar tight enough and vibration over time caused it to become loose and draw to much voltage. He has checked the ac unit and feels nothing is wrong there.

I doubt you'll find a replacement due to liability issues. i.e. incorrect installation and electricity = possible fire hazard. That said, replacing the entire unit is neither difficult nor overly expensive. I'd simply pull it out and replace it. Make sure the coach is unplugged and disconnect both battery banks.....Dennis

1 hour ago, stillrunning_60@hotmail.com said:

I am not sure about what caused the fused to burn out but the ac repair person feels the breaker  was not fitting the bar tight enough and vibration over time caused it to become loose and draw to much voltage. He has checked the ac unit and feels nothing is wrong there.

Your specific situation supports the recommendation by this group to check connections minimally once a year to ensure that road vibrations have not loosen something that could cause a major short and/or fire sometime later.

2 hours ago, stillrunning_60@hotmail.com said:

Yes replacing the entire panel with another panel is the way I am going.  Scott, our webmaster, had another 750 panel and is sending it to me.  I will let  everyone know how that goes. Thanks everyone.

Great that you have a replacement.  I DO not think that your Windsor had the funky "Hybrid Multiplex" lighting system that my Camelot has.  M M Electronics advises that many of the panels like mine are "breaking down" and need to have new "Guts".  I assumed that was the load shedding PCB and such....and NOT the main panel.

I need to go back into mine.  I have done the PM, but I don't know if I got every connection.

YES....we all need to do that...

Hope this works out for you.  IF you have issues and it is NOT plug and play, then M M IS the Tech Support for Intellitec.  They are great at trying to help you.  I agree with the comments about replacing a riveted buss.  You would never be safe as that is a factory installed and "non serviceable" portion.  

You can sleep easier with a new panel....Good Luck and thanks to Scotty....