Driver Slide will not operate

I closed my driver side slides during a snow storm here in Colorado. My front driver side failed to close completely at first. I now have a slide that does not extend. I have a control panel, bottom control pad in picture, that has no buttons responding at all. I know that the pump is functioning because I am able to extend the driver side bedroom slide. I don't know where to start in diagnosing and repairing the issue. I have never removed a button panel and don't want to break it. Advise and instruction on where to begin my trouble shooting and how to remove the cover from the button control panel is appreciated. I attached photos for reference.

Patrick B

2007 Monaco Executive

20200911_121610.jpg

20200911_122321.jpg

20200911_122508.jpg

20200911_124458.jpg

20200911_124511.jpg

Patrick,

I believe that your rear driver side bedroom slide is electric. Are you saying that all the buttons, including the light buttons are not working, or just the slide buttons that are not working. Please verify. If just the slide buttons are inoperable, there is a relay on the slide pump that may be your problem. The pump, I believe, is located on the front passenger side, in front of the steps. Hope this helps.

That's good to know about the bedroom. The panel lights up when I activate the master switch from the bedroom however none of the buttons on the lower panel on the picture are functioning. 

Bob, as best I could but suspect some ice prevented it closing completely. It is closed now. Do you have any advice on getting it open or restoring function to the control pad?

18 minutes ago, Bob Nodine said:

Did you check for snow and ice on top of the slides before you closed them. I once had a slide that would not close because water on the slide topper had frozen.

Bob

Bob, as best I could but suspect some ice prevented it closing completely. It is closed now. Do you have any advice on getting it open or restoring function to the control pad?

16 hours ago, Frank Bergamo said:

Patrick,

shut off the power at the disconnect switch’s briefly, located in the battery bay, then turn both back on and see if that resets power back to the switch panel in question. Hope this helps.

I shut off power at the pedestal and the the disconnect switches. The multiplex switch buttons remain dead. How does a person remove the cover to the switch so I can check the connection. Is there another way to reset the switch board? I know that it will light up when I engage the master switch from the bedroom that illuminates all switches in the coach. It's the 10 button switch that doesn't respond when any button is pressed.

20200911_121610.jpg

Patrick,

have you checked the ground connection to the module? The whole switch assembly is inoperable, leads me to believe that it is not just a slide in/out problem. The switch cluster also has lights included, that are not working. I read somewhere that the common ground for the multi-plex  system is located in the engine bay, by the plug for the engine block heater. Other than a module failure, I am out of ideas. Good luck. 

I'll jump in.  When you say that you press the key pad buttons and hear nothing, I take it that you also don't hear the hydraulic pump starting either.  The switch pad is sending a signal to the rear multiplex panel and when you press and hold the keypad is the LED light on the rear module lighting next to the slide in or slide out control wire?  If it is, then the keypad is working just fine.  Your issue is power to the hydraulic pump.  Look at the rear modules and there will be a relay for that pump.  Is it also lighting when you hold the keypad?  If so, and if all other hydraulic slides don't work, it is very likely that the hydraulic pump starter relay strapped to the hydraulic pump is bad.  I know I'm jumping in a bit late so correct me if you already covered some of my questions.