2021 Gathering

I understand that many of you are wondering if we may have a 2021 Gathering. I have been trying to get some kind of commitment from Lazydays and it looks like it will not be happening for 2021

Because of COVID_19 Lazydays wil not take any reservations or do any scheduling for rally's at the present time. The Campground is being limited to only 50% of its capacity. I have been unable to get a commitment from them to schedule a Gathering for 2021, so I doubt we will be able to have one.

The campground has under gone many changes because of COVID-19. They have a new manager and he has not been a very easy individual to work with. They also have laid of over 60% of its staff.

It is not the best news. All I can do is work on a Gathering for 2022.

1 hour ago, David Pratt said:

I understand that many of you are wondering if we may have a 2021 Gathering. I have been trying to get some kind of commitment from Lazydays and it looks like it will not be happening for 2021

Because of COVID_19 Lazydays wil not take any reservations or do any scheduling for rally's at the present time. The Campground is being limited to only 50% of its capacity. I have been unable to get a commitment from them to schedule a Gathering for 2021, so I doubt we will be able to have one.

The campground has under gone many changes because of COVID-19. They have a new manager and he has not been a very easy individual to work with. They also have laid of over 60% of its staff.

It is not the best news. All I can do is work on a Gathering for 2022.

They should sponsor a c19 vaccine rally which only has those that have had the vaccine and fill to 100 percent: why has the cg not thought of that. They could make money. 

bill g 06 Dynasty piii 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hotrod said:

They should sponsor a c19 vaccine rally which only has those that have had the vaccine and fill to 100 percent: why has the cg not thought of that. They could make money. 

bill g 06 Dynasty piii 

That's protected medical information.  Not too many people would be willing to share that info I suspect.

21 hours ago, rpasetto said:

Sad to hear this David,  The 2020 gathering was my first and it was a very informative experience.  Are you considering other possible venues?

Rick:

Dave and I have discussed this in the past as well as here on the forum. The main reason the Gathering is always held at Lazy Days is because 1.) They have a dedicated rally center for the seminars and dinners that is reserved just for us 2.) They handle all of the catered meals 3.) They have the audio/visual equipment 4.) They allow us to block out 60 sites. 5.) They handle all reservations.

It is almost impossible to find a resort or campground that has all of these items mentioned above.  Without these services the workload for Dave, Scotty and myself intensifies and becomes a royal pain in the neck.  Like I said I cannot speak for Dave and I am just adding my thoughts here but in the past Dave wanted nothing to do with another venue because of the extra workload and I do not blame him. I will let Dave speak for himself. As for myself I am going to miss not seeing everyone at the Gathering next year. It is such an awesome time and a great event.

I will probably regret asking this, but would there be any interest in a “virtual” Gathering, possibly using Zoom (or similar)?

I can’t promise we can pull it off, and there are a lot of “IFs” and “Hows” to be answered, but the first question is “IF” there is any interest...

- We could have presenters present over Zoom, if they are willing!

- We could have a virtual, “moderated” Roundtable via Zoom

It wouldn’t be like a Gathering from the social standpoint 😭,  but it might be a way to keep some momentum going and share info in a different format than just the website...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Like 2

Hi... you might contact Themeworld RV park in Davenport FL near Disney. Not sure of current situation but we have stayed there for 4 years, twice a year... good part: full hookups $27/night with your Passport America membership... no restrictions on its use.... everyday.  Lots of year round residents but we like it. 

I think we need to look back at Chris’ post, with regard to all the elements/needs that go into one of the rallies.  It not just the campsite.  All the people are volunteers and they live and work in other locations, even if it might be in FL or a nearby state.  
I, for one, thank them for their time to this point and I understand the logistics problems this causes.  I know they want to have the Gathering, but I will understand whatever is decided.

Scottys idea of Zoom is a possibility, but realize that it too takes a real investment in time.  More power to him if that moves forward.  I’ve learned to adapt to Zoom meetings during the last 6 months and will continue.  BUT, face to face events is something I hope to see again in the future.

Dave and I talked this morning about all of this. We kicked some ideas around about another venue but the big problem is costs. Lazy Days does not charge us for the seminar and dinner room. Most other facilities with camping does charge a hall rental fee. Campgrounds are out of the question as well as the campgrounds and resorts in  Florida are booked solid. People are having a hard time finding one site for a week let alone 60 sites. Also, as I stated before campgrounds and resorts are not going to dedicate a club house to us for the entire day and night.

I do not mean to be a pessimist or be negative but am trying to be a realist. It is extremely hard to utilize another venue.  I have looked in depth at other venues as has Dave. Neither of us can see where another campground or site that will work and using a fairgrounds or other place like it is expensive unless you have a lot of coaches to help defray the cost. Most rally's pay for their facilities by having vendors but that opens up a whole other can of worms and vendors now days wont participate unless there is well over 100 coaches.

I am sure Dave will continue working on the Gathering for the future but 2021 is going to be difficult. In as far as Zoom, I am not sure how that would work with presenters that use overheads and slides not to mention props and samples like I do. I have no experience or knowledge with Zoom so really cannot say if it can work or not.

5 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I will probably regret asking this, but would there be any interest in a “virtual” Gathering, possibly using Zoom (or similar)?

I can’t promise we can pull it off, and there are a lot of “IFs” and “Hows” to be answered, but the first question is “IF” there is any interest...

It wouldn’t be like a Gathering from the social standpoint 😭,  but it might be a way to keep some momentum going and share info in a different format than just the website...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

For that matter, could we all just get Zoom coaches, and go on Zoom vacations?

It'd be a heck of a lot cheaper. LOL 🤣

For what it’s worth, the Ramblin’ Pushers Maintenance Session is scheduled for April 29 (Arrival Day) through May 5 at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds in Goshen, Indiana. I suspect that many among the Monacoers have attended past MSs. Several have been faithful attendees and have acted in leadership roles. While the event was originated in 1990 by a group of Holiday Rambler owners, it has evolved to welcome other brands of coaches, the largest group of which are Monaco coach owners. The primary purpose of the event is to provide an educational experience for owners of class-A diesel pushers and Super C motorhomes. The curriculum features seminars presented by industry representatives and knowledgeable participants in the maintenance and safe operation of our motorhomes.

Cummins S&S, Fort Wayne offers annual service to attendees in their campsites at the fairgrounds and several vendors provide installation of purchased items.

As with nearly all RV events planned for 2020, the COVID concerns forced the closure of the fairgrounds and cancellation of all RV events through much of the 2020 season. We are working with the fairgrounds and our vendors and service providers on the 2021 event. All fairgrounds customers will have to comply with restrictions imposed by agency officials, we are acting on the assumption that the 2021 Maintenance Session will take place. 

For more information and an invitation packet to the 2021 MS visit:

http://ramblinpushers.org/images/stories/ms-2021/2021-MS-Invitation.pdf

The packet contains information about the Ramblin’ Pushers and a copy of the 2019 MS Program Book. The Registration Form is available as a fillable .pdf (open, fill the blanks, save with a new file name, print and form with you registration fee to:

Ramblin’ Pushers
413 Walnut St #5294
Green Cove Springs FL 32043-3443

For more information about the Maintenance Session, please call or email me at

rogersmalley17@gmail.com
618-593-5352

Roger
2006 Endeavor PDQ
2021 MS Coordinator

Thomas,

Thanks for your response.

The Ramblin’ Pushers organization exists for the primary purpose of providing an educational program along with an opportunity for very convenient maintenance services, including a number of informal social events—some comprising large groups, others small groups with similar interests.

I understand the Monacoers’s desire for social interaction. We have had smaller, less formal, social get-togethers (including Monaco owners in attendance) in fairgrounds facilities during hours when those facilities are idle.

Monaco owners have been second only to Holiday Ramblers owners in MS attendance since 2015.

Roger
2006 Endeavor PDQ

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

YES!!! I would love this. GenCon did this and it was a complete success. Many conventions have done virtual this past year with limited failures.

• 1 month later...