Tire Traker Pressure Monitor

About a year ago I bought a Tire Traker for $500.  MH was in storage so didn't set up until ready to head north.  I departed after installing batteries on wheels for MH and toed.  I was continuously getting "No S" (no signal) on several wheels.  I called the company and was told that if batteries were below 3.0v that may happen.  New batteries are 3.3v.  I have the rear amp mounted in bedroom closet and connected.  Second trip I replaced all batteries and got No S on only one or two wheels.  Now on third trip with again all new batteries and continue to get NO S  mostly on right side dual inside wheel or on pickup left rear.  I again replaced those batteries noting that current batteries were at 3.1v after a week of use.  I am using the "reconnect" procedure on the monitor which does reconnect the offending tire for a few minutes before the alarm goes off again.  Having to check the monitor all the time is dangerous as it takes my eyes off the road.  Does anyone have the Tire Traker and having the same problems.  Ken Parsons 72707 02 Dip

While I have the TST unit which has been trouble free for almost 10 years, here is what I'd do with your system. Since it appears you feel the signal is being 'lost', take all the sensors OFF the vehicle and place them around the monitor. Turn everything ON and see if you still get the error. If you still get the error, then your monitor is defective. If not, then it would indicate the signal is not getting through after installing the sensors. This could be an antenna issue. Either way, my guess is you have a defective monitor. Perhaps a simple fix like a loose or disconnected antenna or some other quirk with the system. Since you've talked to the company already, have you asked for a replacement? It doesn't sound like it's a sensor issue......  Keep us posted....Dennis

Each sensor has an unique identification number for the main receiver. Usually the sensors are written in the receiver.

It is possible that the sensor are good and the monitor/receiver are good but are not either written on the ECU or what is written is different of what you have. 

Now, it may sound silly, but usually they come with batteries installed and they place a small paper to separate the batteries from the sensor so they don't discharge when are packed in the factory.

Did you removed the paper? 

Do you installed the batteries correctly?

https://www.tiretraker.com/manuals.php

16 hours ago, Dennis H said:

While I have the TST unit which has been trouble free for almost 10 years, here is what I'd do with your system. Since it appears you feel the signal is being 'lost', take all the sensors OFF the vehicle and place them around the monitor. Turn everything ON and see if you still get the error. If you still get the error, then your monitor is defective. If not, then it would indicate the signal is not getting through after installing the sensors. This could be an antenna issue. Either way, my guess is you have a defective monitor. Perhaps a simple fix like a loose or disconnected antenna or some other quirk with the system. Since you've talked to the company already, have you asked for a replacement? It doesn't sound like it's a sensor issue......  Keep us posted....Dennis

Dennis,

I believe that the sensors will not transmit unless they are under pressure. For your test to work he will need a source of compressed air to apply to the sensors to activate them.

16 hours ago, kenandjoanne2002 said:

About a year ago I bought a Tire Traker for $500.  MH was in storage so didn't set up until ready to head north.  I departed after installing batteries on wheels for MH and toed.  I was continuously getting "No S" (no signal) on several wheels.  I called the company and was told that if batteries were below 3.0v that may happen.  New batteries are 3.3v.  I have the rear amp mounted in bedroom closet and connected.  Second trip I replaced all batteries and got No S on only one or two wheels.  Now on third trip with again all new batteries and continue to get NO S  mostly on right side dual inside wheel or on pickup left rear.  I again replaced those batteries noting that current batteries were at 3.1v after a week of use.  I am using the "reconnect" procedure on the monitor which does reconnect the offending tire for a few minutes before the alarm goes off again.  Having to check the monitor all the time is dangerous as it takes my eyes off the road.  Does anyone have the Tire Traker and having the same problems.  Ken Parsons 72707 02 Dip

Rf signals can be blocked by various metallic structures. You might try moving the repeater to a different location and see if that makes a difference. Another test is to swap the sensor that is dropping out with one on the opposite side of the coach. I know the tire position will be wrong but it is just a test. If the same sensor continues to drop out on the opposite side of the coach then I would suspect the sensor. If the sensor that was moved to the previous problem location now exhibits a problem then I would suspect transmission interference in that location.

Another not so obvious problem that can occur with tire pressure monitoring systems is interference from another device that is modulating or cancelling the signal from the tire pressure sensor. We have had two different tire pressure monitoring systems over the past 13 years and I have noticed problems from time to time where one or more of the sensors would not be working. This is usually when we are in a campground or at a rally and the problem goes away as soon as we leave. I have always assumed that some other device transmitting on the same frequency or  a harmonic of the tire pressure monitor frequency was causing interference. In your case it might be something that is installed in your coach.

Edited by Bob Nodine

Ken,
Hope you are well...Since I am the Lead Tech for TST, I would like to help resolve your issue. The first thing I noticed is you said you have your "rear amp" (we call it a repeater) in your bedroom closet. This is probably the worst place to put the repeater, especially if you have a mirror across the closet. It is in a Faraday Cage! I believe if you move the repeater out of the closet and put it into one of your rear bays (where you can find 12v power), your problem should be solved. Give it a shot...

Jim G.
2006 Camelot
TST Rep

• Like 1

I had the same problem with Tire Tracker. I talked with a rep at a rally and he suggested I buy a new monitor. I ended up throwing the entire system out. Every trip I made was a headache. Over the years I have used every TPMS on the market ( Tire Tracker, Tire Minder, Pressure Pro, Doral, etc.) and had issues with false alerts, no signals, etc.

I finally went with TST and have never had an issue. It has saved me 3 times when I had tires starting to lose air on our show trailer. The factory support from TST is second to none. I know their manager and their lead tech Jim G and both are excellent people who truly support their customers. I have had the TST system installed for going on 4 years and it has been a solid performer.

I just wished I would have went with TST at the start. I have thrown a pile of money away screwing around with the other systems.

• Like 1

I bought my TST System for my 09 Camelot 42PTQ and the tow car with 12 sensors and one repeater. I changed every year the 12 batteries, and had in 10 years never a problem.