Mcd tire cover tracks

We have a set of tire covers made by MCD for our 2004 Dynasty. The covers slide onto  a plastic track that is attached inside of the wheel wells. Some of our tracks need replacement.

MCD no longer makes/carries either the covers or the tracks.

Anyone have an idea where we might be able to find the track?

Thanks in advance

Mike Mulvenna

04 Dynasty

Mike, I also have a set for my Monaco and absolutely love them. Don't know why MCD decided to not make them any more or for that matter the Mirror Bra's too.

Those tracks are pretty much custom made so I doubt very much that you will ever find a supplier to replace yours. I will monitor this thread to see what others have to say.

I too have the MCD tire covers with aging tracks.  On mine the lower sections are cracking up but still functional.  I purchased some flex-a rail from Sailrite but have not gotten around to installing yet.  The fit is a little loose and will require heat bending and small flat head screws or industrial double sided tape but is the best I have come up to yet.

528627806_20007ExecExterior007.JPG.ecd310bce4527153453693ce9a16fe4a.JPG914335778_20007ExecExterior009.JPG.87c8b6a937605a499a3e6ae4c4946e4f.JPG

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Mike, I also have a set for my Monaco and absolutely love them. Don't know why MCD decided to not make them any more or for that matter the Mirror Bra's too.

Those tracks are pretty much custom made so I doubt very much that you will ever find a supplier to replace yours. I will monitor this thread to see what others have to say.

Richard

Jim and Peggy Grich worked at MCD during the time that MCD was making the wheel covers. I had a set made there while they were employed there. They may know who supplied MCD.

Paul A

Edited by Paul A.

Jim is a member here but I am not sure how to get to his profile to send him a private message.

Edit: To find Jim's profile to send him a private message here are the steps:

First click on the Magnifier on the right side of the search box on the MAIN screen. That will take you to a master Search Screen.

You will see two large TABS, Content Search & Member Search, click on member Search. Insert Jim Grich and hit Search Members at the lower right.

Edited by Dr4Film

Mike,

We also worked for a company in Yuma, AZ called RV Decor. The owner was starting to make the MCD style wheel covers a couple of years ago. He had acquired some similar tracks from a plastics supplier. I believe they were a little narrower where the wheel cover went in. You can try calling the owner, Mujeeb Khan, at 928-550-7010. I believe they are closed for the summer but I think the phone rings in to him directly in the summer. He did not continue the venture but he may have some of the plastic track left. Does not hurt to give him a call...

Jim G
2006 Camelot
TST Rep

• Like 1