Collision repair?

taubelb

Guest Ray Davis
4 minutes ago, granvillebarker said:

I ran into a guy in Colorado that had a Monaco that didn’t look like a Monaco anymore.   The front cap and rear were totally redone.    He said the Foretravel body shop in Texas had done it.   I’d check with them if you are near there, it was amazing.

I visited the Foretravel shop .  They showed me several coaches in various stages , some total repaint jobs , very impressive .

Several coaches had new small round high intensity head lights fiber glassed into the front .  Lights like you might see on new cars .

It really changed the looks of some dated coaches , quite modern looking 

Truckstar in Deerfield, WI did a fabulous job on our Camelot when we had Passenger front damage. (Long story, basically someone cut us off and stopped in front of us) They do a lot of RVs for nearby dealers and they do all the repair/maintenance on the Oscar Mayer Wienermobiles! They have alignment Equipment that’ll handle our rigs.

I had them leave the ugly 3m mask off and had a bra made for the front.

I found a shop that is able to do it nearby. We have a large fiberglass presence in this area as we build carver boats and cruisers here.

Long story short was at another shop (Brickners in Wausau Wi) for a week and the guy never took any notes on what needed to be done and then it became “my”fault for not giving him the correct model and damage info. Very arrogant person. It really irritated him when I just picked it up it didn’t argue with his story.

thanks for the input guys!

On 10/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, taubelb said:

I found a shop that is able to do it nearby. We have a large fiberglass presence in this area as we build carver boats and cruisers here.

Long story short was at another shop (Brickners in Wausau Wi) for a week and the guy never took any notes on what needed to be done and then it became “my”fault for not giving him the correct model and damage info. Very arrogant person. It really irritated him when I just picked it up it didn’t argue with his story.

thanks for the input guys!

Just an F Y I.

Colaw RV Parts specializes in New And Used RV Parts & Accessories. Operating The Largest RV Salvage In The Midwest. We Have Your Part!

Unfortunately, I also recently hit a antelope on my 2005 Dynasty Diamond IV.  Front cab in the area of the right headlight and below was crushed.  Does anybody know what years or models would be compatible with my front cab?  Based upon pictures, looks like a 2004 dynasty had the same front cab.  But, how does one verify this?  Also, anybody have experience with repair shops that would be somewhere around the Albuquerque NM area?  It may be possible to repair rather than replace the front cab as the bulk of fiberglass body is still largely in-tact.

thanks,

steveg 2005 DDIV

It seems the action is to call fiberglass companies. I would have thought going to auto body repair but a company here call Miles Fiberglass does all kinds of work in fabricating. Maybe look for a company that built the caps for Monaco.