Sanicon Box Mount

nyrngrz

I have the Sanicon Box Mount (not Turbo), Model 70200 and when I took apart the cover to expose the macerator pump, the pump itself is labeled Shurflo. Is that the pump what came with the Sanicon system? I was under the impression that Shurflo was a separate company to Thetford. If I wanted to replace just the pump to my Sanicon, I cannot locate a macerator pump for Sanicon. I can find the macerator pump for Shurflo. Is there anyone who has the Sanicon box mount can shed some light on this?

Pumps are pumps. I made my first 'system' in a 96 Dynasty and was very pleased with it.  The pumps are nothing more than those used for years in marine applications. Think purging bait tanks. I've replaced the pump in my coach now twice. Bought the pumps on Amazon. Jabsco....best in the business. They do make repair kits but the kits do NOT include the paper gasket between the halves so if you tear yours, you'll have to hand craft one out of gasket material. Available at NAPA stores everywhere. The kit includes the impeller. Are you having an issue with yours? I usually take mine apart for cleaning during my annual RV service. Since I began doing that, I have had no issues with it. I did cut a piece of 1 1/4 PVC and put that on the ground so the hose can lay in it like a cradle. The rocks added to the movement of the hose will shorten it's lifespan......Dennis

The Sanicon system was first developed by an individual as a "home brew"  He used the Shurflo pump and attached hoses and pipe fittings.  Very limited investment in manufacturing equipment.  Thetford bought him out and started to make it.  I also made a simple pump that connected to the 3 inch drain for use at home.  I am not sure if you can buy any replacement parts, but carry my simple one in case it is needed.  I have had issues with the inlet plugging with toilet paper.  I carry a hot water heater flushing tool that I can put in the inlet and flush it without removing.

I bought my first macerator in 2006. It took me awhile to find a connection to the drain but finally found a flexible that connected the pump to a sewer hose attachment but then the compartment door would not close. Luckily the tank drains swing up so that is what I do and the water drains out of the pump impellers. Whether it makes a difference I have been using the pump weekly since then. I have never rebuilt it. Once it stopped from a clog but mine had a flat blade slot at the end of the shaft and was able to turn the shaft and it started back up. Always make sure you have 14 volts to give it good power. I just bought a spare not wanting to be without.

FloJet RV Waste Pump, Model 18550700C, 16 amps, 13 gpm, stainless steel blades

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of the old Sanicon's and added the plug so I can swap it out and repair and clean the other for a backup. I also did away with the outer box as it servers no real purpose. I added a relay and a switch in the service bay and a second momentary switch under the sink in the bath area for those times with the gray does not drain I can run the Sanicon without going outside.

4 hours ago, Bob Nodine said:

I have two of the old Sanicon's and added the plug so I can swap it out and repair and clean the other for a backup. I also did away with the outer box as it servers no real purpose. I added a relay and a switch in the service bay and a second momentary switch under the sink in the bath area for those times with the gray does not drain I can run the Sanicon without going outside.

I added an electric actuator to my grey tank valve many years ago with a hidden switch in the bath area.  When my black tank starts getting close to full, I flip the switch to close the grey tank and fill it before flushing the tanks.   I’ll post a pic later if anyone is interested.

• Like 1