SeaLand Magnum Opus Toilets at the Gathering

My controller failed and I have built a replacement controller. 

if anyone is at the Monacoers gathering, I would be happy to show what I have put together and to look at yours to see if I got it operating correctly.

Paul

It is a time consuming manual process to assemble it, but it is working well.

Dick, i’ll be at the Gathering.

Here is an intermediate picture.from the assembly process. Not an economical process from a time perspective, but it has been an interesting project.

9D8F092E-B458-48F8-8C24-9636947208EA.jpeg

I am looking to buy a mechanism from a Magnum Opus toilet if anyone has removed one from their motorhome.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

Thanks for your post.  Our Sealand Magnum model 3110 is intermittently failing to flush so I am very interested in your replacement board.  I have searched every avenue that I know of and cannot locate a replacement.  Is it your process to take the existing Sealand board and rebuild it or do you start from scratch and make a new one?   Please put me on your list to see if your board will work on my toilet.

We are registered for the Gathering Monacoers Rally 2020.   You have given me some hope to not have to replace the whole toilet.

George

Hi George,

I am still in the development phase, and am on the third version. It is a fresh design that is plug compatible.

The first was just switches and some LED's driven from the limit switches.

76B876AF-7DE9-4EC8-8F68-7BF61065B4C6.jpeg

The second used relay boards, but ended up pretty large and had to be installed outside the porcelain. It got us through a 10 day trip though.

82A7B640-5B91-4ECA-ACF9-4BBFB3D80CC0.jpeg

This third one is getting closer. I made it the same size as the original. It is functional, and I am fine-tuning the software.

363FC26A-8D29-4A42-BB32-786B64AD80A9.jpeg

It is not practical to make more this way as it just takes too much time. The next step, if there is interest, is to design a custom PCB to significantly reduce the effort to produce. I am looking into that process.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1