Allison Transmission

I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeaver with a Cummins ISC 330 and an Allison 3000 transmission.  My alarm goes off when I put it in either D or R but goes off when it is in neutral.  It did this earlier, but the alarm would go off after I drove a mile or two but now it stays on no matter how many miles I go.  Anyone have this problem before?  I hope it turns out to be something simple but I am currently stumped.

There is a pressure switch that monitors when your air brakes are on or off, sounds like that has failed.. The switch is mounted on the AIR BRAKE valve on the drivers console, it's easy to change.  They are readily available at any parts store that carry truck parts.

I has the same thing happen on my coach.

Jim

Jim   

Edited by Jim Byrd

Two things come to mind...

1. Jim’s recommendation above.  There is a file in the “Downloads” section on the Nason switch from @Bob Nodine .  Lots of good info there.

2. If you have hydraulic jacks, they could be a little low on hydraulic fluid (per Bob’s post above).  I had this problem on my most recent trip and had to add a little hydraulic (transmission) fluid.  Problem solved.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you figure this out?  Does the alarm seem to be in the transmission itself or with the levelers?  If transmission,  you can use the control panel to get a diagnostic code and go from there.  If it's coming from the levelers, do they work as they should? When my Nason switch went out, my levelers wouldn't work, but my transmission was fine.