ScanGauge D alternative with iPhone/Android App like Torque available?

Please take a look at BlueFire-LLC. It is used extensively by truck fleets and motorhomes. Software is free for you to experiment with layout. Software available at https://bluefire-llc.com/website/motorhomes. The MacBook version is still in developmental stage, but iOS, Android and Windows mobile versions are all active. Adapters for 6 pin J1708 and 9 pin J1708/J1939 are available thru publisher or Amazon. I made transition from Silverleaf to BlueFire so I could use an iPad. Our rig is 2000 Diplomat so I do not get the entire range of PID's that new engines get, but I am very happy with what I do get. My stock dash layout is very poorly thought out and the Tach and Speedo are hidden behind the spokes of steering wheel. With BlueFire on iPad I can see most gauges thru Steering wheel. 

There are several different adapters for OBD II conversion to the Deutsch plugs. https://bluefire-llc.com/website/connectors-and-cables

My theory is only critical data is shown while driving so I have just basics on dash. Also run a 1/3 of screen as GPS using Apple or Google Maps. Now I am only looking at one device. Any other data can be retrieve and shown when I am stopped. My ECM does not provide brake or airbag pressure. That gauge is outside the iPad so I can see it. 

Images are of my current dash with GPS. Also stock dash and dash with iPad mounted. Mounted version for visualization purposes used clear tape. I now have an clear acrylic mount attached to dash using existing dash screw holes that iPad sits in. By having clear mount I can still see instruments if iPad is not mounted. 

BTW, I do not use rear view monitor any longer. Now have wireless camera and stand alone monitor. 

Happy to answer questions by email. 

Pat C
Walnut Creek, CA
2000 Diplomat

IMG_4E670B543016-1.jpeg

JPEG image-DDFF39EB9DD5-1.jpeg

JPEG image-DDFF39EB9DD5-3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bill

sorry I have not answered sooner. Was not able to log in last night.  I’ll look at my prior Blue-Fire notes and get back to you. I assume your iPad cellular and equipped with GPS

Pat

10 hours ago, cpat_39 said:

Bill

sorry I have not answered sooner. Was not able to log in last night.  I’ll look at my prior Blue-Fire notes and get back to you. I assume your iPad cellular and equipped with GPS

Pat

I think your right.  I originally was using an older IPad.    I just got a new IPad 2 weeks ago and hadn't tried adding the Altitude feature back in.   I'll bet it will work now.  Thanks for triggering my brain.

Edited by windsorbill06

Doug,

I think Winegard acquiring Silverleaf will help. Not sure it will help with VMSpc. Don't think there is sufficient profit in that product compared to their Glass Dash product. 

Pat

• 2 weeks later...