Traveling Easter Sunday

Currently staying in Tarpon Springs fl and scheduled to leave back to Ky. on Easter Sunday. Plan on traveling up highway 19 into Ga then picking up 27 to bypass Atlanta. Just wondering if traveling on Easter Sunday is a bad idea and maybe I should stay over another day or two and leave on Monday or Tuesday. Just getting started on this and wanted to get some ideas before I plan this all out. I respect the info that gets passed along on here. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Just be extra cautious because the Easter bunny will be extra busy during these difficult times with drop off's for every one to enjoy some delicious treats, our Bunny in the Boreal Forest is difficult to see because they are still camouflaged white to blend in with the snow!

Wayne

1999 Signature Caesar 

My experience is that you leave when you have to leave. What I do is plan my route on Google and, knowing about how many miles we are comfortable driving daily, look for campgrounds along my route (again, on Google) at, roughly, my "destination" for that day. Then call them, ask them what you need to know to determine if you want to stay there, and if all is good, make a reservation. IF the reservation is over a holiday (or even a weekend), ask if someone will be in the office or get a cell number for when you arrive. Our experience is that nearly every place will be open but not all will be manned.

I also look for boondocking sites along my route. We generally boondock two nights and get a CG for one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Jones said:

My experience is that you leave when you have to leave. What I do is plan my route on Google and, knowing about how many miles we are comfortable driving daily, look for campgrounds along my route (again, on Google) at, roughly, my "destination" for that day. Then call them, ask them what you need to know to determine if you want to stay there, and if all is good, make a reservation. IF the reservation is over a holiday (or even a weekend), ask if someone will be in the office or get a cell number for when you arrive. Our experience is that nearly every place will be open but not all will be manned.

I also look for boondocking sites along my route. We generally boondock two nights and get a CG for one.

We also used google earth to look at anything for any reason. When considering a RV Park we would look at the layout of the park on their web site, then look at it on google earth. Very handy while on the phone with the RV Park.  Google earth is a great tool when looking at a fuel stop you are considering. Our travel tools for 10 years full timing, 2004-2014, were a Truckers Atlas, Google Earth and COMMON SENSE.

While using Google maps and Google earth, I click on "What's Here", copy and paste the GPS coordinates and use that for my destination instead of a USPS address. Much more accurate and takes me to the front door. Also beneficial for fuel stops as I can determine easiest in and out. Google isn't good for much, but I do like those two things.......Dennis

On 3/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Dennis H said:

While using Google maps and Google earth, I click on "What's Here", copy and paste the GPS coordinates and use that for my destination instead of a USPS address. Much more accurate and takes me to the front door. Also beneficial for fuel stops as I can determine easiest in and out. Google isn't good for much, but I do like those two things.......Dennis

I have been doing that for many years. Often street addresses will put you in the wrong place for a large coach or just plain the wrong place altogether. If you can take a good look at your intended destination on Google Maps in the satellite mode you usually can pick a good location at the entrance of the campground, etc. and enter the coordinates into the search bar of the GPS. Most GPS's will search for the exact location by coordinates.  Before saving the location give it a name. If you don't give it a name you will have to listen to the GPS voice calling out the numbers for the destination.