1986 Monaco

14 minutes ago, Mr Keith said:

My front end is a little sloppy and I am wondering if I should replace my steering damper or if A steering stabilizer would be better

Get the unit to a good big rig alignment front end shop and take care of the sloppy issue.

Then add a steering stabalizer. 

• Like 2

As John said take it to a good BIG RV or truck shop familiar with the RVs n Roadmaster Chassis n have it looked at for worn steering components and an aligned as needed. Also check the road heights which you might be able to do if you are a DIY person and adjust as needed this will affect handing not necessarily sloppy/worn steering components. 

• Like 2

@PeterSchweizer, FWIW, I took my 2000 Monaco there when we first bought it and he did the alignment, airbag and shock replacement with Bilsteins.  He has also serviced my Kenworth and Freightliner Class 8 Road tractors for many years.  Barry is well versed in all things related to frame and suspension components.  They are not the cheapest, but you can expect well-documented, exceptional service for what they do. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mr Keith said:

My front end is a little sloppy and I am wondering if I should replace my steering damper or if A steering stabilizer would be better

Sounds like and old P30 chassis so I would check for worn parts before getting an alignment or adding the stabilizer. 

Did Monaco only make one model in 1986? 
How can anyone give advice to the OP without know what chassis he needs help with? 

The way I see it, more information is needed to give a good answer here.