replacing Norcold 1200

miacasa_2000

Biting the bullet going residential only because of it's age. Mine has and is working great but showing what looks like surface rust in the rear and thru the things I've heard about I don't want a failure or worst fire. And at 20 yrs old thought the dc conversion wasn't worth it. Anyway after pulling the old unit out I saw two things I'm curious about and thought I'd ask our experts.   First I assumed these two horizontal pieces of 1x2 and 1/4" luan  and foam are just supports for the wall because of the the wide space then realized they are on the inside of the wall so are they just stops to set the depth the Norcold could be set to?  (blue arrows). But the real kicker is the next question I saw a blue water line up the wall and just cut open a few inches from the ceiling thought they must have used it for a vent. Then after I removed the old fridg floor and went under plug the gas line I saw the same water line went thru the bottom of the coach just like the other drains. So I have a piece of pipe open on both ends behind my fridg what for? (orange arrow)

Roy Mercier  2003 Dynasty   

20210623_162830_LI (3).jpg

20210623_160355_LI.jpg

I replaced the Norcold In my 2001 Dynasty and found 2 blue lines in the same location.  I found that these are the condensate drains from my A/C units.

I'm sure you will be happy with the new Res. Fridge, Good luck!

Thanks guys  never thought about being pre plumed for 3rd air  and about the luan pcs. Now that I know what they were for I feel I should remove them or cut them down so air gets up to the top and out the front above the fridge since it only required 2" in the back 0" on the sides or am I over thinking it. ( I am closing off the rear and roof vent)

Roy Mercier  

2003  Dynasty

Before/if you consider removing the pex line, make sure it isn't used for the front AC unit. In our coach, all 3 units drain through the same location so I got 3 pipes going down in that same spot. You would know where the water is dripping when running AC, other than the dash unit.

Yes Ivan thank you.

I know where my front and rear ac drains and you can't see in the pic but I said in the post it just stops about 3 inches below the ceiling and is wide open which is why at first I thought it was some kind of small vent they cheated with since the refridge vent was right there that's when I followed it the other way and saw it went thru the bottom to outside. Smart on their part to just waste a little flex and be covered if one was to add the ac to just pull the fridge and make a easy connection and not deal with the double floors and elbows and no room to work etc.  And thanks again for looking out for me.

Roy Mercier  2003 Dynasty