HWH Travel Mode

I have an absolutely crazy problem! My 2006 Monico Dynasty when trying to go into travel mode will pump up the left side of the coach all the way, while the right goes completely flat. All other aspects of the HWH work fine. Anyone have an idea where to start looking? Started doing this after being stored inside for the winter.

Thanks, That was an informative video. I would only add that I would have disconnected the air bags from the leveling system and inflated them using a tire gauge to a level air pressure using a brass  air stem and a couple of plumbing fittings available at any hardware store and driven home.

Edited by Gary Cole
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gary Cole said:

Thanks, That was an informative video. I would only add that I would have disconnected the air bags from the leveling system and inflated them using a tire gauge to a level air pressure using a brass  air stem and a couple of plumbing fittings available at any hardware store and driven home.

Would you need blocks to hold up the suspension while removing the fittings? You’d have zero air? 

I’ve been under my coach a few times, and not sure if it’s one of those videos or one before but he talks about a tech he knew was killed by air suspension 

No, the suspension will only settle as far as the stops will allow in the same manner as when the suspension air bleeds off.  Still plenty of safe space. The 1/8" MIP brass inflator stems cost maybe $2 and will screw directly into the air bag once the push lock fitting is removed.

I should add that one needs to disconnect the level arm from the axle making sure that it stays in its neutral position in order to prevent air loss.

Here a great site for HWH leveling system. I had the same problem, look at it for days finally got it in travel mode but loose all of the leveling function. End up taking it to Foretravel Motorhome in Nacogdoches, Texas. It end up costing 10 hrs of labor and $400 in part (level sensor). I had multiple issue with my system. They really know the HWH system and great tech that will explain thing to you.

http://www.allthingsforetravel.com/2020/02/25/hwh-emergency-leveling-valve-override-procedure/

This is all HWH system.

http://www.allthingsforetravel.com/category/hwh/

• Like 1

I should add that one needs to disconnect the level arm from the axle making sure that it stays in its neutral position in order to prevent air loss.

Anyone willing to venture a guess as to how much that week long service call to retrieve the coach with a temporary fix cost the customer?