Obnoxious Beeping Alarm

Anyone recognize the sound of this alarm? It's loud, obnoxious, intermittent and coming from under the dash, maybe near the ignition key area.  It almost sounds like a speaker.  There's no lights on the dash to give a clue.  Coolant is near the max level.  Lots of air in the tanks (120 psi).  Coach hasn't been started in a few weeks (5). 

You'll hear me tap the brakes twice.  Raising idle doesn't change it.

There is an old Tekonsha brake controller that the sound seems to be coming from, but there's no brakes to control.

Last trip out to the coach it was perfectly quiet . . . .

Leaving early in the morning, beeping or not!

- bob

072221163223_Normal.m4a

Edited by cbr046

Sounds like the park brake alarm that is intermittent. 

Mine has started to act up, I can release the brake but the alarm will stay on.  Does it when it's cold but seems to be OK when warmed up.  Not going to tear into it until I get home.

2 hours ago, cbr046 said:

Thanks for the ideas.  Last couple of key turns it's been silent.

- bob

Agree with the others, if so it will come back and WILL drive you crazy. If you can't change the switch as directed above, there is a fuse specifically for the horn; but obviously not a great idea to leave it that way. Check your manual for the location.

• Like 1

Sometimes it would take off for a few bleeps when setting the parking brake, but it behaved itself most of the day..  Definitely low air alert (even w 120 psi in both tanks). 

Bad sensor

- bob