Progressive EMS-HW50C Power Monitor

CRY1942

Installed the EMS-HW50C power monitor and two remote displays to replace my older portable, power pole, plug-in power monitor.

Installed one display in water bay and used existing telephone wiring to connect indoor display.

As we never use the intended park telephone connection due to cell phones, made an easy way to connect the 2nd display.

Installation was pretty straight forward and not difficult to accomplish.

Prot Bay.jpg

Bay Display.JPG

Great job, Charles!

I had done the very same thing way back in 2011.  I have one display plus the A/B Switch in the Service Bay and my second display is in the overhead bedroom cabinet where the main circuit breaker panel and the Intellitec EMS panel are located. I use the service bay display when first hooking up to shore power to see what the status is. Then once it has been determined to be OK I switch it over to the inside display where we are most of the time.

Where did you end up placing the second display?

Hi Richard:

The telephone wire ended up in the kitchen, on the side of the refrigerator cabinet, so far now, the second display is so located. I had the same thought in placing the other display in the water bay, as that is where you are when initially getting set up. In the water bay, the telephone box has two telco wires leaving that location, but so far, have not located the other outlet, only found the one in the kitchen, which was plainly in view.

Best wishes,

You've made me ashamed of myself!  When I installed the HW50C I just hung the display on the wall in the electrical bay!  I need to move it somewhere that it will be easily visible.  I never check it under there, just figuring why worry if there's no problems!  

Joe

Indoor display is kind of temporarily mounted while I figure out where and how to get it to where I would like it mounted. My reason to have two displays; when hooking up, am in the Water Bay area to begin with, as Richard noted, so can see what is happening to the power. Afterward in the middle of night or rain, can check the inside display as needed, without going outside in the night or rain. Or at least that is the plan of today, time will tell.

Travel safe, everyone.

Some people have reported that the 2nd screen with the bright red display can be a distraction if it is out in the open.  So I mounted my second display in the bathroom below the counter level on the front of the vanity so it is in plain site while I'm using the facilities.    It gets checked at least once a day 😁

• Haha 1

Running the wire was fairly easy since there are already numerous openings for power, water and sewer piping.  I had mounted the first monitor in the small bay next to the wet bay, this is where I store the power cord so it made sense to put it there.  I then just ran the wire across that bay and through wall to the opposite side of the wet bay where a drain line for the small sink is.  I was able to fish it up under the vanity.  Then just drilled a small hole through the face of the vanity and mounted the display.   Scale of 1-10 it was a 1.