Refrigerator Slide

Bottom of slide on corner nearest refrigerator has an area about 3 to 4 inches square where some wood splinters have come off along with what appears to be some kind of adhesive,  kinda looks like duct tape. Any ideas of cause such as slide out of adjustment,  possible water damage. Rest of slide is tightly sealed on sides and bottom.  Can this be patched with epoxy or similar or does whole slide need to come our for a look see?

08 Diplomat 40 PDQ

20210805_151630.jpg

20210805_151650.jpg

20210805_151706.jpg

20210805_152039.jpg

I believe this is real common. Talin plates are made for this very reason. Kinda poor design on the slide box construction.

Mine was caused from the slide topper starting to let water puddle and then go through the fabric and make its way inside and down to slide. Also had ice maker go bad on Norcold fridge, but my fridge was not in the side, but did ruin the flooring 

I used the plates to repair the bedroom slide. They catch the slide rollers also.

1F36436C-E950-46AE-80AF-489EA0A75180.jpeg

715DE0BB-A20A-450B-BC33-5C899CE5036F.jpeg

B7897BD8-3A13-4AB2-BF46-8CBB2E3C5DF1.jpeg

0CF1E91B-240C-4718-A73D-013A0010C15E.jpeg

8550E7A5-9640-4AFB-B5F3-E7F5D1F5DF56.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Added work video by mistake

The kit comes with stainless steel Rivets. They will send you a worksheet on how to measure it all and what kit you will need. When you call them on the phone they will go over the worksheet and a price quote and then send it kit out after payment. 

Once the FRP starts to delaminate from the luan, then it just keep creeping along and will eventually look like mine. It’s just a poor design where the side meets the floor with the odd piece of aluminum holding it all together on the edge 

You are definitely a candidate for Talin Guardian Plates. Contact Chris Throgmartin at Talin (he is also a member here) to purchase a set for your slide. Trust me you will not be disappointed in the quality and workmanship. If you are in Florida or happen to be going there you can have them make the custom plates for you PLUS Dustin will do an excellent job of installing them for you.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, jimmcpheters said:

Bottom of slide on corner nearest refrigerator has an area about 3 to 4 inches square where some wood splinters have come off along with what appears to be some kind of adhesive,  kinda looks like duct tape. Any ideas of cause such as slide out of adjustment,  possible water damage. Rest of slide is tightly sealed on sides and bottom.  Can this be patched with epoxy or similar or does whole slide need to come our for a look see?

08 Diplomat 40 PDQ

20210805_151630.jpg

20210805_151650.jpg

20210805_151706.jpg

20210805_152039.jpg

If you have a drawer under your fridge, may want to pull it out and check for wet wood, under it.

The plastic drain tubing the fridge manufacturers use, don't hold up to the heat behind the fridge very well!

6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

If you have a drawer under your fridge, may want to pull it out and check for wet wood, under it.

The plastic drain tubing the fridge manufacturers use, don't hold up to the heat behind the fridge very well!

And the ice makers leak, and your don’t know it till it’s too late 

AA6C56C3-C143-438F-820D-ED4037189B1D.jpeg

Ouch!

I stopped using the fridge ice-maker a couple of yrs ago, and bought a portable unit.

Wife still insists I transfer ice from portable, into fridge bucket / dispenser in case someone wants crushed.  

Edited by 96 EVO

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Ouch!

I stopped using the fridge ice-maker a couple of yrs ago, and bought a portable unit.

Wife still insists I transfer ice from portable, into fridge bucket / dispenser in case someone wants crushed.  

We bought it that way, all fixed up now. Our ice maker was gone and line to it capped off also when we bought it. Was a dead give away why the floor was soft 

I have heard of and seen the Talin plates. Did you use expandable rivets or countersunk screws and if so, what length were the screws. The bottom of the slide has not detached from the sides yet. Is my patch how it all starts?

Jimmymac 

I haven't used ice maker for 7 or 8 years. Do it the old fashioned way with an ice cube tray and travel with friends that have a prolific ice maker. 

15 minutes ago, jimmcpheters said:

I have heard of and seen the Talin plates. Did you use expandable rivets or countersunk screws and if so, what length were the screws. The bottom of the slide has not detached from the sides yet. Is my patch how it all starts?

Jimmymac 

I haven't used ice maker for 7 or 8 years. Do it the old fashioned way with an ice cube tray and travel with friends that have a prolific ice maker. 

Is the water shut off to the ice marker? Mine had no shut off