Awning rubber seal needs replacement.

See if this post helps. It was for the slide toppers and the window awnings on our 2005 Signature.

I  am not sure this seal would work for the main awning. Our main awning and the door awning have a different type of seal from Monaco, shaped like a large T. Girard recommended the same thing for the slide toppers and window awnings, but I think it would be too big.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

That should be what is called a double bulb sweep seal that has a self pinch side that attaches to the slide opening. If this is the same as my bdrm. slide(2002 Monaco Knight) they are a real pita to install. You should be able to Google it with no problem. I found mine at a local RV store. Good luck.

There seems to be some confusion here, since answers are not what I think the op is asking.

If you’re talking about the rubber seal that goes around the slideouts, there are numerous options and styles which are specific to the slide.

Here is one company, but there are others: steelerubber.com

Ok so, I got through to Girard awning and the guy I talked to said that they only have one type of seal and he has no idea what I am talking about regarding the T-shaped seal between the MH and the awning.  $6/ft or go to home depot or lowes for same thing!  Wow and he was rude.  I just want to repair this correctly.  He says only 2 in wide is all I need.  Any suggestion?

I would call Chris at Talin RV in Florida and ask him, he is a Girard dealer.  According to the parts list for the Girard awning, you are looking for 

Rubber Seal for Flush Mount - Black (per foot)  Girard part # 1500502-99

waiting on a call back thank you.  of course it started raining again.

4 hours ago, Tazmanian Martje said:

Ok so, I got through to Girard awning and the guy I talked to said that they only have one type of seal and he has no idea what I am talking about regarding the T-shaped seal between the MH and the awning.  $6/ft or go to home depot or lowes for same thing!  Wow and he was rude.  I just want to repair this correctly.  He says only 2 in wide is all I need.  Any suggestion?

I would consider these folks as a secondary source.    https://www.steelerubber.com/  They will send you several 12" samples to properly identify what you require. Very helpful on the phone.

• Thanks 1

I also think this edge flap seal would work:

Sponge Rubber Flap Seal | .250" Bottom Width - Flaps & Corner Sections - Trim-Lok (trimlok.com)

I have requested samples from Tri-Mark for this and the one in the previous post.

I have only found these two available in 100ft lengths for around $250, which is much less than $6/foot quoted above from Girard. If they work out, I would be happy to split the cost with others. We only need approximately 25ft to reseal the main awning and the door awning on our 2005 Monaco Signature, so looking for 3 others with similar needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris @throgmartin kindly sent me a sample of Trim Lok X2877BT. That looks like it will be a good replacement for the Girard T seal for the main awning and the door awning on our 2005 Signature. It has 7/8” 3M VHB on the thick end which would stick to the sidewall. You could either use a trim adhesive or a 3/8” 3M VHB tape to fasten it to the top of the awning housing, then caulk both edges to keep it watertight.

I would use the 3M adhesion promoter shown in my post for the RV side, and the foam side if you add VHB.

That  seal is shown in the first two pictures.

The second two pictures are of the other seal I suggested. I think the one Chris @throgmartin sent me is the best choice.

1D1D6D5C-9598-4936-A8CB-B2987A607DE5.jpeg

488D6CFA-8900-43C2-8F0C-022DFC015287.jpeg

02D22A93-8046-4D95-AB24-C9EA6560F4EA.jpeg

7F2F5A4F-9979-4359-A0CB-4346EF112BCD.jpeg

Edited by pwhittle

• 4 months later...

If the gasket is bad will it cause a leak on the inside of the coach?  

In my case it's following a path inside the roof and coming down about 4-6 inches from the passenger A piller.  I looked in that area last night and made a few temporary repairs, got up and checked this morning and no leak.  keeping my fingers crossed that was the problem so I can fix it the right way.  Thank you!!