Can Microair thermostat send temperature alerts over wifi?

Ivan K

For those using the fancy Microair thermostats, can someone confirm whether or not it can really send temperature alerts over Wi-Fi? I am considering to replace our 5 button unit and if the alerting really works, it would make the spending justifiable for me. The other 2 ACs work off a 4 button so that will wait until I can find a cheap upgrade board one day...  Thanks.

yes it can send alerts via wifi.  Both high interior and low interior temperature.   I only have 2 roof airs and it was an easy 'plug and play' to convert over.  It's important to pick the correct thermostat.  As I recall, their website walked me through it before I ordered.

Great tech support too, if you need it.

6 minutes ago, windsorbill06 said:

yes it can send alerts via wifi.  Both high interior and low interior temperature.   I only have 2 roof airs and it was an easy 'plug and play' to convert over.  It's important to pick the correct thermostat.  As I recall, their website walked me through it before I ordered.

Awesome, thank you for sharing the actual experience Bill!

Yes, it can send alerts via wifi. One important note, it sends the temperature it is at. In our Camelot its in the small cabinet above the door and reads the temperature up near the ceiling. I'm going to relocate it when I have a little free time.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, windsorbill06 said:

Interesting I have been using the MicroAir for several months now. In fact I have 3 installed in my coach. Where does one find the setting to send alerts?

Thanks,

Ken

35 minutes ago, Grampy OG said:

Interesting I have been using the MicroAir for several months now. In fact I have 3 installed in my coach. Where does one find the setting to send alerts?

Thanks,

Ken

I do it from my phone.  Open app and have window open that is showing your different zones.  Then in the upper right, you see a gear symbol.   Tap that and from there you can add/edit a schedule, turn schedule on/off, check for software updates.  The last one listed is  'notifications'.  Tap that one and it will show upper and lower limits.  Set those to your liking and then tap the bottom button to turn it 'on'

Edited by windsorbill06
grammar

According to microair, you would have to match versions of the control boards and pick the appropriate thermostat model. I am in the same situation, two older ones in the rear and a newer one up front. So I go with the newer front unit to control it from driver seat. 

When I said to match the board versions, what I meant is versions compatible with the same type of dometic thermostat. Other than the old 4 button thermostat which they don't support at all.

Edited by Ivan K

14 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

I do it from my phone.  Open app and have window open that is showing your different zones.  Then in the upper right, you see a gear symbol.   Tap that and from there you can add/edit a schedule, turn schedule on/off, check for software updates.  The last one listed is  'notifications'.  Tap that one and it will show upper and lower limits.  Set those to your liking and then tap the bottom button to turn it 'on'

Awesome. I don't know how I overlooked that one. 

Thanks - Ken

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

All 3 are controlled by the same thermostat.

Ben,

Their tech support is really good.  They even answered a couple questions of mine on a sunday.  I'd reach out to them and give them the details of your 3 units.  My particular thermostat can handle up to 4 roof airs, if I had that many.

www.microair.net

Yeah, I haven't needed to replace any of the originals 'yet', so I'm sure as long as I ordered the correct model, it would work with what I have.

Was just wondering if this new magical thermostat would work with a combination of old and new boards.