Jump to content

drip rail


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, pulsarjab said:

 

image.png.6068d061aaf39f56c0718baf613faa07.png

Ok I was going to go that route and went a different route with Talin plates and new slide toppers that went beyond tue sides of the slides. I was going to use some rubber seal to accomplish that. You have some tape on the slide (black) has it leaked? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Drip rail installed and has solved the leak issue. Water was running down the inside of the 2 inch wide wiper rubber. Just had two days of hard rain and drip rail had running water out on the ground. Thanks for all the help. Using the 3M adhesive promoter worked great. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pulsarjab said:

Drip rail installed and has solved the leak issue. Water was running down the inside of the 2 inch wide wiper rubber. Just had two days of hard rain and drip rail had running water out on the ground. Thanks for all the help. Using the 3M adhesive promoter worked great. 

 

Great to hear the drip rail solved your problem.  Pictures of where and how you used the drip rail would be a great help.

I looked at the Amazon links that Jerry posted above and the second one has a big mark down in price so if anyone is thinking of buying,  now might be the time.   Price has been reduced 77% from $38.86 to $8.78.   It says today,  not sure if they really mean today only or not,, I guess you could call.

https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Drip-Rail-Plastic-Installs/dp/B01CJRGX5M/ref=pd_sbs_1/140-5434465-2874440?pd_rd_w=o2Nq2&pf_rd_p=0f56f70f-21e6-4d11-bb4a-bcdb928a3c5a&pf_rd_r=SPFXW3AJK8C3EH4AWESX&pd_rd_r=133daad5-d4f3-4244-a814-60f64aee836e&pd_rd_wg=1aDjA&pd_rd_i=B01CJRGX5M&psc=1

Edited by Ray Davis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, JDCrow said:

  You have some tape on the slide (black) has it leaked? 

That is textured tape that helps flip the wiper seals.

I have that tape on all my slides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 96 EVO said:

That is textured tape that helps flip the wiper seals.

I have that tape on all my slides.

I need to add something to flip the wiper seals as well. Our new 5vr has pretty trick little pieces of trim stuck on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...